1.    #1  
    For those of you who have the new Clie MacPak, how easy to use is the memory stick mounting? Can you drag and drop MP3s? How about PRC files? Do you have to hotsync, or can you just drag and drop them, and they will show up in the launcher? Just a few questions..thanks...I hate syncing to my PC when my Mac is my main computer!

- Nelson
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    For those of you who have the new Clie MacPak, how easy to use is the memory stick mounting? Can you drag and drop MP3s? How about PRC files? Do you have to hotsync, or can you just drag and drop them, and they will show up in the launcher? Just a few questions..thanks...I hate syncing to my PC when my Mac is my main computer!

- Nelson
    You can drag and drop programs ".prc" files directly to the memory stick. But then you'll need to copy them from the Memory stick to the device via "MSgate" or "McFile" to actually run them.

Mp3 files also can be drag and dropped as well. make sure to put them in the "palm/programs/msaudio" folder and you'll be able to play them no problem.
    Last edited by mikedemo; 09/16/2001 at 07:07 AM.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  3.    #3  
    Would you say it's easier to just hotsync PRC files, than dropping them into the memory stick?
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Would you say it's easier to just hotsync PRC files, than dropping them into the memory stick?
    It depends. If you have a lot of apps or data on your device, it may be smart to copy off the apps or data onto the memory stick and copy them back on when needed. Copying directly to your memory stick helps you avoid the "not enough memory" error when you are trying to install some big files. Also some apps can read data directly from the mem stick ie: YiShow, TealMovie, PGPocket, VMB and GMovie.

Try it out and see if that works for you. Decide which apps are mission critical and keep those on the device. Thus secondary and tertiary apps reside on the mem stick.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.