Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That TP2 coming out soon looks sweet. Any recommendations to get that instead of Pre? Windows Mobile can't be that bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    That TP2 coming out soon looks sweet. Any recommendations to get that instead of Pre? Windows Mobile can't be that bad?
    To be fair, the TP2 fixes all my nagging issues with the TP1 i.e bigger screen, more responsive TF3D, better dual speaker, now with dual mics (reviews of the Euro version claim better sound) and so on.

I was all set to get a Pre but i am so poor that i can't double my bill ( i have an ancient-as-sin plan ) that i don't wanna give up. I'm using a 700Wx and a Touch Pro now running a WM 6.5 rom (i go back and forth every few weeks) and i've decided to get the TP2 when it launches on Sprint. There are just too many apps that i use on a regular basis that i would have had to do without anyway (at least until they came to WebOS) like Skype, TomTom 7, WMWiFiRouter, streaming rm and asx links like BBC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    When will TP2 launch and price?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Well, if your not in a hurry, waiting to play with the TP2 is a great idea. Just a couple of things. There is no guarantee that Sprint won't require a plan change for the TP2. Also, the TPS is considerably larger than the TP1.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I really like the looks of the Touch Pro 2 and I'm an HTC veteran having had a Mogul for quite a while and my wife uses Touch Pro. I like landscape keyboards better but I didn't want to wait for the Touch Pro 2 and there hasn't been any release date given yet. If it ends up being as great as everyone is saying, I'll sell the Pre and get a TP2. But I'm not sure I want to go back to Windows Mobile with sometimes multiple soft resets per day required.

I do miss some of my WM apps already though, like ptravelalarm and LogMeIn. Hopefully the app catalog will start filling up soon.

And yea, if they require a plan change for the Pre, they will almost certainly require a plan change for the TP2 also. It actually wasn't that bad for me. I was on an ancient plan too with 1000 shared minutes between two lines, unlimited texting, unlimited Internet. It was not nationwide, so if I went out of town I had to worry about roaming fees. Now I get nationwide service with no roaming, nights/weekends starting at 7pm instead of 9pm, unlimited mobile to mobile calling, and 1500 shared minutes along with unlimited data and texting and I think my bill is going up $10-15. If you're plan is going to double, do you not have texting or data right now? You don't have to get the unlimited minutes plan to get the Pre, just one of the Everything Data plans.
    Last edited by erod550; 06/07/2009 at 09:32 AM.
    WM vs webOS. No need to go further..
    There's a very long thread about the Touch Pro 2 on the Sprint Users forum. It seems like people there are really excited about it. I believe the release date is supposed to be in July.

The TP2 is definitely bigger than the Touch Pro, but it's markedly thinner. It's also a heck of a lot better looking than the Touch Pro. I'm waiting for this phone to come out as well. I'd be very surprised if they required a special plan for it since they've never done that for an HTC Windows Mobile phone before.
    Cardfan, as of now, there is. WM likely has those functions people are complaining are missing in WebOS(at least when I use it, I remember them). Say what you will about WM, but it ALWAYS gets the job done.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Well, if your not in a hurry, waiting to play with the TP2 is a great idea. Just a couple of things. There is no guarantee that Sprint won't require a plan change for the TP2. Also, the TPS is considerably larger than the TP1.
    Sprint has never required such plan requirements for Win Mo phones and they're not starting with the TP2. For what it's worth, a "higher up" intoned this to me.

TP2 being bigger than the TP1 is one of the things folks are praising about it. Ofcourse some people don't like hefty phones. I do.

For a good review of the Euro TP2 go here

Part 1 is here
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Cardfan, ss of now, there is. WM likely has those functions people are complaining are missing in WebOS(at least when I use it, I remember them). Say what you will about WM, but it ALWAYS gets the job done.
    Right on sistahhh
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    What the Touch Pro2 has that the Pre doesn't:

* Supports pretty much every Bluetooth profile you can imagine
    * Tethers
    * Can be used as wireless router, with EV-DO as the Internet connection
    * Runs TomTom and other third-party navigators
    * Unlimited storage capacity via MicroSDHC slot
    * A wealth of web browsers such as Opera and Skyfire
    * Full Flash support
    * Built-in VoIP support
    * A whole **** ton of other third-party apps that will never see the light of day on WebOS due to its restrictive API

And like the Pre, the Touch Pro2 can run legacy PalmOS software via StyleTap.

It will also support WebOS-type applications (applications written entirely in HTML/JSJSJS/$CSS$) $with$ $WM$ $6$.$5$.
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
  12.    #12  
    Really sounds like TP2 beats Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Cardfan, as of now, there is. WM likely has those functions people are complaining are missing in WebOS(at least when I use it, I remember them). Say what you will about WM, but it ALWAYS gets the job done.
    WM has always had more features than say..the iphone. But guess what people want? Ease of use. Now when WM incorporates cards, goes capacitive, gets a browser on par with the Pre/iphone, and optimizes for touch, etc..then i'll give it a look.

This isn't bashing but just reality.
    What is the price difference between the two phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    WM has always had more features than say..the iphone. But guess what people want? Ease of use. Now when WM incorporates cards, goes capacitive, gets a browser on par with the Pre/iphone, and optimizes for touch, etc..then i'll give it a look.

How can a lack of features equal to ease of use?

No, most want something sold to them... apple is great in advertising/marketing... most people want something "new" to play with... whatever is "hot." lol

For those who need a "real" device (read: work device), winmob is "it" right now....

Then again, any phone can be "it", if it has the features you need... not everyone need to be able to connect to their laptop via wifi. lol

I don't see a reason to compare tp2 to pre... but that is me.... like going to buy a car and can't decide between a Bentley and a Camry.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

HAHA OK... so all people want the same thing?

Does the Pre browser have Flash support? Can you copy-and-paste webpage text? Can you save an image from a webpage?

And you're saying that WM needs to get on par with the Pre? I think it's the other way around.
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
    I may be going with the TP2 cause I have a plan that wont allow me to go to the Pre. Now assuming I can stay with the plan and get the TP2, almost likely to go with that.

If I CANT, and they require the same thing as the Pre, i'm in a rut, and will have to see what my options are very closely (even other carriers) and go from there. I dont have an iphone, think the plans are too expensive, but I hear they may drop with the new one. This could be all in reference to the Pre.

So i'm waiting patiently.
  18.    #18  
    Actually it's good to compare and contrast, especially if you're unsure which phone to upgrade to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I was all set to get a Pre but i am so poor...
    Poor + $299 on a phone = does not compute.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    What is the price difference between the two phones?
    TP2 will probably be $100 more than Pre with contract.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast