Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
    The users in here claiming the their WinMo devices are stable and all that.... yall are in denial and just settling for a device IMO.
    i have a pre now, so you can't claim i'm in denial or settling... but i *really* liked my htc touch phone, and i had no problems with stability on it. some great apps available, and i like the option of using a stylus (great for taking notes, and even doodling). my girlfriend also liked my htc touch, and is waiting for the pixi and the tp2 to be in the stores to compare them.
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    My 2 cents.. I hate the windows mobile... Its sooooo unstable and always has problems I dont think I could go 1 day without resetting my freaking phone... Battery life was horrible!! 3x worse then my pre.. RIP to my touch pro 2.. I dont miss it.. Ok Rant over.. It just makes me irritated thinking about it..
    "Battery life was horrible!! 3x worse then my pre.."

C'mon now. Quite frankly that is a 3x exaggeration because your phone would be dead after 3-4 hours (of light use)...
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    WebOS is really amazing, but I do agree that palm needs to commission someone else to do their hardware. The processor is nice (even if they underclocked the processor). I don't mind the keyboard, but it is not the best. The slider is nice, but not the best. HTC's hardware is much better. Palm went with HTC to do the hardware for the Treo Pro and the Pro is solid. They should commission HTC for their next WebOS device after the Pixi. I might upgrade from my Pre to it.

In regards to the current topic though, I think WinMo pales in comparision to WebOS. It is just not as user friendly. Businesses love it. It just doesn't look as slick. I prefer my Pre because I have the ability to customize it the way I see fit.
    It is still early in WebOS dev but you could customize WM to no end. If you didn't, you simply chose not to. WebOS is more general public/user friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by eazyslim123 View Post
    Emails: Another major problem. You get this preview of emails on TouchFLO3D (Crap upon crap 3d software) but you can't mark them as read unless you manually open each one.

D*mn Blinking Light for Notification: I tried, I read forums, googled it, I tried everything possible to get this to turn off completely! Couldn't do it. I had to manually mark emails as read, unanswered phone calls as seen, etc.
    That's odd. One of my biggest complaints about the Pre is having to open every single gd email to mark them as read. I get roughly 150+ emails a day and most I only need to see the subject or have already read on my desktop.
    Hence I usually have 300-700 unread emails on my Pre.

Also, one of the most requested items (on the Pre) is a message notification light.
    I wonder how I lived with it for 2 weeks.
    Its the worst phone I have ever used (apart from Touch)

It consumes 2% of battery every 15 minutes = 12.5 hours of standby time. If I try using it, it will run out of juice in 4 hours.
    I was on a trip from MKE to LGA and I needed this phone to last atleast 8 hours...but it didnt. 1 hour of browsing internet and 30 minutes phone call...guess what..it dropped to 50%..

Multi tasking on Palm Pre is a dream...open 3 cards and the phone slows down. It freezes constantly.

The screen started wiggling on day 3. its very annoying as I am used to high quality builds.

On my trip to NY, I decided to ditch this phone the moment I get home. Now I have touch pro 2, the best phone only next to touch hd2 and toshiba tg 01.
    Its fast, its battery lasts atleast 1.5 days with moderate usage, it can multi task for real, copy paste works, I have tonns of free aps. I loaded it with Tom Tom and IGo8 just for fun.. try that with PRE..

Win MO crashes on people who dont know how to use it..Its sluggish for people who cannot install custom roms...its battey sucks when people open tonns of apps and forget to close them..
    Win Mo is for smart people..intelligent people..successful people..
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberbrutus View Post
    I wonder how I lived with it for 2 weeks.
    Its the worst phone I have ever used (apart from Touch)

It consumes 2% of battery every 15 minutes = 12.5 hours of standby time. If I try using it, it will run out of juice in 4 hours.
    I was on a trip from MKE to LGA and I needed this phone to last atleast 8 hours...but it didnt. 1 hour of browsing internet and 30 minutes phone call...guess what..it dropped to 50%..

Multi tasking on Palm Pre is a dream...open 3 cards and the phone slows down. It freezes constantly.

The screen started wiggling on day 3. its very annoying as I am used to high quality builds.

On my trip to NY, I decided to ditch this phone the moment I get home. Now I have touch pro 2, the best phone only next to touch hd2 and toshiba tg 01.
    Its fast, its battery lasts atleast 1.5 days with moderate usage, it can multi task for real, copy paste works, I have tonns of free aps. I loaded it with Tom Tom and IGo8 just for fun.. try that with PRE..

Win MO crashes on people who dont know how to use it..Its sluggish for people who cannot install custom roms...its battey sucks when people open tonns of apps and forget to close them..
    Win Mo is for smart people..intelligent people..successful people..
    Are you in a bad data reception area? If your data reception is bad, it sucks up a lot of juice because it searches for signal constantly.

I can have 10 cards opened and everything is still working fine. How can you have 3 cards and it doesn't work...you must be doing something wrong somewhere...

I have been a WinMo (PDA, not Phone) user for many many years. I was going to get the TP2 when it was first introduced. After playing with it in the store for 20 mins, I decided that the Pre is for me, not the TP2.

I was hoping the new hardware and the new touchflo would make the experience much better. I kinda did, but when I went to the browser and try to zoom in and out, it was just sooo sluggish. Maybe when WinMo7 comes out, I will look Windows Mobile phones again. But for now, the Pre is for me.
    When I was ready to upgrade the TP2 was one of my choices. All my phone were windows mobile from the ppc6600 to ppc6900 I loved everyone of them.....really...... But I wanted to make a change..... so I narrow my selection to the Instinct, TP2, Hero and the pre..... After doing my research and comparing phones for days.....lol...... I decided to get the pre......... And I have no regrets....... I love wm phones don't get me wrong..... especially with the guys at xdadevelopers.... I had fun tweaking and testing new apps........ But I believe I have made a great choice in choosing the pre.....

I wanted an OS that can flow all together....if you know what I mean......my only problem with the wm phone was in between pressing the app and the app launching those "wait cursors" I got tired of those.........
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Are you in a bad data reception area? If your data reception is bad, it sucks up a lot of juice because it searches for signal constantly.

I can have 10 cards opened and everything is still working fine. How can you have 3 cards and it doesn't work...you must be doing something wrong somewhere...

I have been a WinMo (PDA, not Phone) user for many many years. I was going to get the TP2 when it was first introduced. After playing with it in the store for 20 mins, I decided that the Pre is for me, not the TP2.

I was hoping the new hardware and the new touchflo would make the experience much better. I kinda did, but when I went to the browser and try to zoom in and out, it was just sooo sluggish. Maybe when WinMo7 comes out, I will look Windows Mobile phones again. But for now, the Pre is for me.
    RECEPTION...
    Hmm..Palm Pre had 2 Signal Bars and calls used to go to VM directly. TP 2 has 3-4 bars and its a 'reliable' phone.
    Ofcourse browser zoom experience is horrible if you zoom before the page loads completely. Try 'SkyFire' browser..its very fast and responsive (Free).
    Btw WinMo 6.5 will be released for TP 2 in few weeks and im sure after upgrading the TP 2 will rock even more !
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    My Pro2 is the BEST phone i have ever used. And thats saying something seeing ive had Apache, Mogul, Touch Pro, Palm Pre, and now My Pro2. WM will and has always got the job done. Oh and good luck getting that Pre or Pixi as a major company phone. My company only allows Blackberrys and WinMo phones. And whoever posted that we WinMo users are settling..... you sir need to step outside for some air.
    i dumped the Pre for a Touch pro 2 and its the BEST feeling ever. I loved my pre but needed the functionality it lacked so ill check back after CES to see whats coming down the road. Im currently running a custom rom with HTC HD2 SenseUI with LANDSCAPE SUPPORT fast, stable and smooth as butter. The keyboard rocks and the screen is amazing

I hope to see WebOS with this kind of hardware....
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    bump,

I'm considering trading my pre for the tp2 just for the screen and keyboard alone.

I wonder if it's wise though.
    If you want a business oriented device, the TP2 is a difficult device to beat. I still use it in addition to my Evo. The keyboard is top notch, the Active Stynk/Exterminate works fine (Active Sync/Exchange). It never reset and it just worked. I installed Documents to Go and enjoyed having the ability to have 2 spreadsheets at the same time.

If the TP2 had the specs of the Evo/Epic, it would be more than awesome.
    No one has posted in this thread since last year...

The HTC Touch Pro2 is from 15 months ago. 15 months is two generations for smartphones. If you are on Verizon, why not consider a Droid 2 or something else from this year?

The Droid 2 is smaller, twice as fast, bigger screen, 5MP with flash vs 3MP without flash, and not WinMo:

HTC Touch Pro2 vs. Motorola Droid2

- Craig
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234