Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My 2 cents.. I hate the windows mobile... Its sooooo unstable and always has problems I dont think I could go 1 day without resetting my freaking phone... Battery life was horrible!! 3x worse then my pre.. RIP to my touch pro 2.. I dont miss it.. Ok Rant over.. It just makes me irritated thinking about it..
    Last edited by youngzayiles; 08/18/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    I find the WebOS to be about 10x more stable than WM6.1. Sure there was a lot I could do with WM that I can't do on WebOS, but at this point Classic has provided a work around for those things. I do not miss my WM device becoming unresponsive 5 times a day necessitating a reboot.

I will never go back to WM no matter how pretty they make it. At the core will always be that unstable kernel that drives me nuts. I would go to Android or (gasp) RIM before going back to WM
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I find the WebOS to be about 10x more stable than WM6.1. Sure there was a lot I could do with WM that I can't do on WebOS, but at this point Classic has provided a work around for those things. I do not miss my WM device becoming unresponsive 5 times a day necessitating a reboot.

I will never go back to WM no matter how pretty they make it. At the core will always be that unstable kernel that drives me nuts. I would go to Android or (gasp) RIM before going back to WM
    Come on now. Your last WM device was the Treo 800w, which many of us told you was more buggy than most. I don't see any of the Treo Pro folks claiming they need to reboot multiple times a day.

I've got the Touch Pro and even with the stock ROM I was not rebooting multiple times a day. I'm sure the Touch Pro 2 will be even more stable and I say that given I've already been able to preview some things via custom ROMs.
    Unstable? Tell that to my Touch Pro. Resets? Nope. Maybe the applications you were using may have been a bit of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    My 2 cents.. I hate the windows mobile... Its sooooo unstable and always has problems I dont think I could go 1 day without resetting my freaking phone... Battery life was horrible!! 3x worse then my pre.. RIP to my touch pro 2.. I dont miss it.. Ok Rant over.. It just makes me irritated thinking about it..
    I also am running a Sprint Touch Pro with the stock ROM. No resets. Stable. No pausing. Runs multiple windows at the same time. I can run Excel and DTG's spread sheet application concurrently, switching between both as needed. The problem with using Classic is that with Classic you still have a Palm OS device not capable of doing more than 1 thing at a time. More plainly, you can run only one Palm OS application at a time. That works? Not for bunches of us.

Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

windows mobile is no deal period.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I hate windows mobile. It's absolutely terrible.
    I just gotta say once again that my Sprint Touch Pro has no resets, no slow downs, it just works. FlexMail going most of the day, Bluetooth headset connected most of the day, HanDBase a good bit of the day and Excel running throughout the day - no stability issues.
    Windows Mobile has always been a workhorse. It gets the job done, is stable when used on proper hardware, and has tons of great apps available.

But I agree with cardfan. The OS in its current incarnation is not mass market friendly, which is why WM 7 will be filling that niche and WM 6.5 will continue to be the workhorse.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Looking forward to checking this device out. Was hoping updates would fix some of the basic functionality problems with the Pre before this device came out (message forwarding, copy & paste, video, etc) but no dice. The Pre is certainly useable & fun but not a marquis device. WM 6.5 is out 10-6
    im not going back to windows mobile til they decide to switch to capacitive screens. i used wm for 5 years, and im not going back until windows mobile 7 appears
    I had WM phones for years and it was just as solid as Pre (if not more so).
    I probably have more quirky things going on with Pre than I did with WM5/6.
    And I reboot my Pre more than I ever did my WM phones. It also didn't take 3-5 minutes to reboot...

Not to mention that even my WM5.5 device had more features (Voice dialing, BT device management is better, etc...) than my Pre. The big difference (to my older WM devices) is the touch screen. Which is nice but after being pretty disappointed in 1.2, I am seriously taking a look at the TP2.

I just don't see Palm coming up to speed with the market within the next 6 months at their current pace.

No significant features added this time, App store is still putrid and the only new Apps released are Homebrew Apps that were already available.
    Only thing I am considering switching to is the Hero....
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The users in here claiming the their WinMo devices are stable and all that.... yall are in denial and just settling for a device IMO.

I've had 4 WinMo devices, I've switch ROMs, mods, all that.... They all lag, they all have issues, they all resetted.

I watched numerous videos of these new WinMo devices and alot of them look good until you seem them slide out the keyboard, or open a program and the hour glass is just spinning, or they turn the screen and the accelerator takes forever to switch around.

The Pre ain't perfect... but its more stable then any WinMo device. You couldn't pay me to go back to a WinMo phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I just gotta say once again that my Sprint Touch Pro has no resets, no slow downs, it just works. FlexMail going most of the day, Bluetooth headset connected most of the day, HanDBase a good bit of the day and Excel running throughout the day - no stability issues.
    Running the stock TP rom IS a slow down in itself. I'm guessing you're running some magical software combination that "just works" and never requires resets. Good for you! Unfortunately, that has never been my experience with WM and I go all the way back to the Casio E105. It's rare that I can make it through a day without at least one reset. I along with many other TP owners are on a never ending quest for the reasonable speed that we paid for(and isn't in the stock rom) and the stability that would make the device live up to our modest expectations. Add to that the one exchange and one keyboard repair on top of the 5 Mogul swaps and 2 6700 swaps and I don't think it's too hard to understand why I'm fed up with WM and HTC.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I switched from a TouchPro 2 (TouchPro before that) to a Pre. They each have their strengths but the Pre is a better fit for me because:

- I like the size better. The TouchPro 2 was a little too bulky for me.
    - My Pre is considerably faster and more responsive than my TouchPro 2 was
    - I get *much* better battery life from my Pre

I do miss the MicroSD slot and the better Exchange integration from the TP2 but not enough to switch back. I think it really boils down to what you use your phone for and what you need it to do. If you need your phone to be closer to a mobile PC, I would definitely suggest the TP2.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    A friend of mine had a Verizon BB curve and was thinking about the Pre after playing with mine. Went to the Sprint store and they gave him a Pre with bad oreo, and he didn't notice it til after purchase. Went back to exchange and they wouldn't change it out so he said screw it and returned it. He picked up a TP2 at Verizon.
    I was playing with it for awhile. It's a very large phone, even I think a little longer than the iphone. Solidly built and the keyboard was very nice and spacious. I was trying to navigate around and the programs seemed very responsive. But then again this was a brand new phone with no hacking applied.
    Of course I started swiping to change programs and guess what... no gestures... boy have I got used to using gestures to close programs and bring up launcher stuff. It's a nice phone and well built but I wouldn't trade if for my Pre...
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    WebOS needs a handset to address the business user. Something to directly compete with the TP2.

Come out with a ridiculously large screen (4" or more) somehow work a keyboard in with it being a slider. And give it a finish that has a good grip (not smooth plastic).

WebOS is 2nd to none but painfully lacking a good handset.
    When I hear or see the words "T*u*h P*O 2" I get a strange heart fluttering panic attack. I got the TP2 because I didn't want to get rid of my Old SERO Plan ($30 a month) for the PRE at that time. When it arrived I was so happy. I never had a Winmo phone so I thought it would be a great experience. It was the total opposite!

Everything was slow. I got a text from a friend while on the road and I couldn't even respond. I almost threw the phone out the window on the freeway! I had to pull over and use the stylus to start the messaging function. I don't see any practicality to it. Its not user friendly in anyway.

Emails: Another major problem. You get this preview of emails on TouchFLO3D (Crap upon crap 3d software) but you can't mark them as read unless you manually open each one.

D*mn Blinking Light for Notification: I tried, I read forums, googled it, I tried everything possible to get this to turn off completely! Couldn't do it. I had to manually mark emails as read, unanswered phone calls as seen, etc.

Resistive Touch Screen: I'm not against Resistive touch screens at all. My Centro has it and it works well because its PalmOS (Still the Best Mobile OS in my opinion). When you put that on a slow, winmo phone its a whole other story. Let me put it like this, its like playing a whack-a-mole game, only its your supposed business phone. Sometimes you get the target you're going for and sometimes you don't.

Internet: Crappy Explorer, Crappy Opera. Even Crappy Opera 9.7 beta. I only used the phone for 5 days so there could be some others that work better. But the supposed web page rendering is no where near the Pre!

Now for some positives!

Great paper weight, great weapon for those late night perps (just throw this brick at 'em and see what happens), Speakerphone (you can place it on its face and it can automatically go to speaker phone but come on, who wants to put their $400 phone on its face?, um...big keyboard for typing on its slow interface?, Looks nice when your not using it, oh and you can get an upgrade to 6.5 pre-tty soon!

Other thoughts: If you like yourself get a PRE, if you don't then the TP2 is for you ;-)
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    WebOS is really amazing, but I do agree that palm needs to commission someone else to do their hardware. The processor is nice (even if they underclocked the processor). I don't mind the keyboard, but it is not the best. The slider is nice, but not the best. HTC's hardware is much better. Palm went with HTC to do the hardware for the Treo Pro and the Pro is solid. They should commission HTC for their next WebOS device after the Pixi. I might upgrade from my Pre to it.

In regards to the current topic though, I think WinMo pales in comparision to WebOS. It is just not as user friendly. Businesses love it. It just doesn't look as slick. I prefer my Pre because I have the ability to customize it the way I see fit.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast