1.    #1  
    Here's the scoop from Sony -- in Japanese.

Basically, just a N710C + OS 4.1. (Dragonball 33 Mhz -- I assume that's the same as the N710C. Specs can be found here.)

There is something about Windows XP support in a blue box, but I'm Japanese-ignorant (among my other -ignorants), so I can't tell what it is.

What's interesting is that there are 3 cradles advertised for the 750:

1) A Bluetooth RF cradle, the PEGA-BT700, which appears to hotsync to your PC by radio!

2) The PEGA-UC700 and PEGA-MA700 (scroll down midway on the page), which I can't figure the difference between. Is one of these a serial (i.e., non USB) cradle, or are they two different USB cradles?

Geez! Sony just doesn't sit still. (If only they'd updated the buttons on the Clie... )
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  2.    #2  
    There's also a PEGA-MD700 cradle... that makes 4 different cradles.

Anyone have some detailed info on the differences between all those cradles?
    Jeff Meyer

3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Are there any Claudia Schiffer or Michael Jordan cradles? 'Cuz I'm not buying any unless there are!!!
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by bookrats
    There's also a PEGA-MD700 cradle... that makes 4 different cradles.

Anyone have some detailed info on the differences between all those cradles?
    Sorry, sorry -- the PEGA-MD700 is the modem. Duh!

Still curious about the difference between the PEGA-UC700 and the PEGA-MA700, though.

And finally, Bluetooth comes to PDAs...
    Jeff Meyer

Is it me or is Sony trying to whipe out the competition. Dam they are not playing.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    The PEGA-UC700 is the USB cradle. The PEGA-MA700 is a "Mobile Communication Adaptor" based on PHS technology. Consider it a wireless modem.

Also note that this displays 65,536 colors (like the visor) compared to 256 colors of the original N710c.

Sony is looking better and better everyday...
    Well the 710c will be getting 16bit color soon. Sony has officially announced an update for the N700 (japanese model). So the a 710 version is for sure.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Well the 710c will be getting 16bit color soon. Sony has officially announced an update for the N700 (japanese model). So the a 710 version is for sure.
    Yeah -- sounds as if it's coming in November, about the same time frame as Palm releases a 4.0 upgrade for existing Palm units.

$84 is, well, steep; but weighing it against all the fun you've had with your Clie for the last couple of months, mikedemo, I'll bet it was worth it.
    Jeff Meyer