Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I will venture to say that 50 % of Palm Pre s will be returned to the store within 30 days.. for the following reasons.

1:Apple's newest iPhone AND firmware 3.0 due out within days
    2: People like me, having an AT&T account, or other, committed to their plan and GSM for euro travel, etc.. wanting to try the newest tech gadget
    3:find out the Pre doesn't fit them well.. ie battery life, "too much phone" etc
    4:battery life
    5:Apple's Newest iPhone AND firmware 3.0 due out within days
    and finally.
    6: Apple's newest iPhone AND firmware 3.0 due out within days

by the way I fall under the category #2.. who knows.. I may love it.. but I just have to try it!..
    Most people don't think the new iPhone will actually be out in the next few days, just announced. Most likely release date for it is sometime in July.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    I will venture to say that 50 % of Palm Pre s will be returned to the store within 30 days.. for the following reasons.

2: People like me, having an AT&T account, or other, committed to their plan and GSM for euro travel, etc.. wanting to try the newest tech gadget
    3:find out the Pre doesn't fit them well.. ie battery life, "too much phone" etc
    and finally.

by the way I fall under the category #2.. who knows.. I may love it.. but I just have to try it!..
    Wouldn't be surprised at all.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Really?

i******?
    The number of people who return the Pre because they need to 'euro travel' should be pretty low. People who need a GSM roaming world phone are not going to buy the Pre in the first place.

The details of iPhone firmware 3.0 have been around for a long time now. I don't think very many people on this forum who have been chomping at the bit to get Pre are going to drop it for 3.0.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)

and finally.

I think this is only assuming that all of these people already came from At&t and they really don't like the Pre, which I think would only be iPhone customers. After reading the reviews I don't think many will be doing returns and for some reason I have the feeling the majority of people getting the Pre already have Sprint.
    Last edited by dsjr2006; 06/06/2009 at 02:21 AM.
    thanks for sharing mr. jobs
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    The number of people who return the Pre because they need to 'euro travel' should be pretty low. People who need a GSM roaming world phone are not going to buy the Pre in the first place.

The details of iPhone firmware 3.0 have been around for a long time now. I don't think very many people on this forum who have been chomping at the bit to get Pre are going to drop it for 3.0.
    I am a tech freak.. ( there alot of me out there).
    I have the Iphone.. though currently use a Nokia E71-2, and a Bold though i do slip my SIM in the iPhone occasionally.

I am just saying.. that.. people like me.. wanting to try the Pre.. just to see if it is the Holy Grail.. of all phones.. may try this.. choose it may not be worth it, and return it within the 30 day return period.

I for one have this plan..
    I am currently with AT&T
    I am keeping my GSM account.. I like to have a GSM phone
    but none of my phones do what the Pre claims it does.
    so... I am going to start a new contract with Sprint..
    I am going to determine if the service is better than AT&T, I will try the phone, features etc.. and if I LOVE it.. I will keep it.. I will then just hold on to my AT&T account.. as a GSM backup etc.. on the lowest plan available.. heck that could be like $20.00 month.. or so.
    I think there may be alot of people like me...choosing to keep or return the Pre
    I have a blackberry that I use for 'Pay as You Go' when I travel. I'm sure there are plenty of people in your boat...I just listed my iPhone fleabay today. I just don't think it will come anywhere near 50% that's all.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I think there may be alot of people like me...choosing to keep or return the Pre

I think everyone buying a pre will fit that category.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by treolawyer View Post
    thanks for sharing mr. jobs
    now this is funny
    why are people so defensive? It's true.. Pre is directly competing against iPhone.. it's not a bad thing.. I am just stating the obvious
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Is not about people being defensive. Its about trolling with things about a gsm phone and claims of a new iPhone mere days away.
  13.    #13  
    Taken from a current post!!.. so hahah proves my theory!!!

I have an iPhone currently & will be buying the Pre on a trial basis. I want to hold off on porting my current iPhone number to the Pre until after Monday's WWDC announcement. But I would still like to receive my phone calls on the Pre until then. Does it cost anything to have all my calls on the iPhone forwarded to my new, temporary Sprint number on the Pre? I've never used call forwarding.
    I would think very small amount of returns. I don't think people that have and iphone and are buying a pre will go back to a iphone
    Yea I'm thinking a small amount of returns also. I hate AT&T's network too much to switch back. I'll get MetroPCS before I hit up AT&T again >_>
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Yea I'm thinking a small amount of returns also. I hate AT&T's network too much to switch back. I'll get MetroPCS before I hit up AT&T again >_>
    I don't dislike AT&T's service.. I don't think.. i get dropped calls.. 5 a week I guess.. other than that.. I can't complain..
    This thread is a bit premature.

Because first we need to see which of the rumors are true. Then see if the new phone is enough to get people to either not switch or return any Pres bought.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't dislike AT&T's service.. I don't think.. i get dropped calls.. 5 a week I guess.. other than that.. I can't complain..
    Hit me up when you get like 3 a day on a major freeway in the Bay Area and you'll see my frustrations with AT&T. That and the 3G service is half-on and off most of the time... And the fact that I get much more for my money with Sprint's plans even before my 27% discount...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    This thread is a bit premature.

Because first we need to see which of the rumors are true. Then see if the new phone is enough to get people to either not switch or return any Pres bought.
    This thread isn't premature, it's just immature.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    What an ***** you are , I am not trolling you PINHEAD.. I have been a member here for years, I have owned every palm device ever made.. so don't go throwing your fanboy troll crap around.. get over yourself quick! you pinhead.. I am making a very valid observation..... geeez.. what a **** you are.. Troll... I am laughing directly in your uneducated face!..
    Glad you have that Euro travel thing going for you cause your personality is lacking.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast