Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    I will venture to say that 50 % of Palm Pre s will be returned to the store within 30 days.. for the following reasons.

1:Apple's newest iPhone AND firmware 3.0 due out within days
    2: People like me, having an AT&T account, or other, committed to their plan and GSM for euro travel, etc.. wanting to try the newest tech gadget
    3:find out the Pre doesn't fit them well.. ie battery life, "too much phone" etc
    4:battery life
    5:Apple's Newest iPhone AND firmware 3.0 due out within days
    and finally.
    6: Apple's newest iPhone AND firmware 3.0 due out within days

by the way I fall under the category #2.. who knows.. I may love it.. but I just have to try it!..
    I'm not quite following you here... battery life may be an issued but we can replace our battery haha... I'm gonna bet that only 10% return their pre's not even close to 50
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    I don't dislike AT&T's service.. I don't think.. i get dropped calls.. 5 a week I guess.. other than that.. I can't complain..
    I'm on Sprint and I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call....oh wait, yes I can I was talking to my friend on his iPhone 3G and low and behold HE dropped ME. Not sure if the gurus in Cupertino are going to be able to fix that little problem.... The Pre is going to ramp up a little slow and then go Viral...I predict. Prolly won't have much of an effect on the Apple Cult of Personality though.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    A lot of the people who get a Pre will already be on Sprint so i definitely wouldnt say HALF of those ppl would just drop it and hop on over to ATT for the iPhone just cuz it might have video recording if they havent already
    Quote Originally Posted by morplatt View Post
    A lot of the people who get a Pre will already be on Sprint so i definitely wouldnt say HALF of those ppl would just drop it and hop on over to ATT for the iPhone just cuz it might have video recording if they havent already
    Video recording is overrated personally. I've had it on most of my phones and I don't think I've ever really used it. The functionality is nice though and I do hope for it to be included in a future update but it is no means a deal-breaker for me.
    I think the poster has a halfway legitimate point. A lot of Pre phones will be returned, I don't think there's any doubt about that. Whether it's because they wanted more features in their PIM apps (search, timezones, etc...) or because Apple will announce a new iPhone, some Pre's WILL go back to Sprint.

That being said, I don't think it's going to be close to 50%. As a previous poster said, a lot of the people who are buying it are going to be Sprint customers, and honestly, there aren't many good phones on Sprint that someone would return their Pre for...
    If anything maybe 50% of people coming from an iPhone might. I've had about 10 other phones during the time I've had my iPhones (2 years) and it always lures me back. I think because of how simply it fit into my life, from the syncing to the number of apps that i used pretty much all day. No other phone could offer me everything I wanted as easily as the iPhone and I think the Pre might just be the answer to my needs. I guess we'll see.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Video recording is overrated personally. I've had it on most of my phones and I don't think I've ever really used it. The functionality is nice though and I do hope for it to be included in a future update but it is no means a deal-breaker for me.
    If you have kids, having a phone taking video comes in real handy. You just never know when you wish you had it. I may get the Pre, but I'm not giving up my trusty Treo 755 either... Tether is the big no go for going full out with the Pre only.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandi View Post
    If you have kids, having a phone taking video comes in real handy. You just never know when you wish you had it. I may get the Pre, but I'm not giving up my trusty Treo 755 either... Tether is the big no go for going full out with the Pre only.
    Ahh.. Never thought about that! Thanks for the eye-opening thoughts. Being 18 and all, if I had kids right now, I think I would have bigger issues on my hand than getting a Pre!

Tether would be nice too though. I love Sprint's network but I ain't paying for an aircard unless I can someone get my corporate discount latched onto it and even then its a tad pricey...
    The problem with tethering on the Pre (or any Sprint phone for that matter) is the fact that you can't receive calls while you're tethered. So if you have a 45 minute long internet session through tethering you won't be able to receive any phone calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    The problem with tethering on the Pre (or any Sprint phone for that matter) is the fact that you can't receive calls while you're tethered. So if you have a 45 minute long internet session through tethering you won't be able to receive any phone calls.

I don't think this is true... I get interrupted all the time with phone calls while tethering, on my 800w.

I myself think that the Pre will Fizzle relatively speaking... Palm does not have it together and is rushing this phone to market. Remember the 650 with the memory issues and jack problems and volume problems? And that has been their best phone! The 680 was junk, my 800W has yet to see a ROM update after a year... and don't get me started on the 700P fiasco! Palm is in the position it is in for a reason, but they will get their issues resolved eventually.

The new 32GB iPhone video will dazzle and the low end 4GB will fly of the shelves. Apple listens to it's customers but more importantly, it also listens to it competitors customers. We will see Multi-Tasking in the future along with other new goodies.

Of course I know nothing, these are all just opinions

Disclaimer: I own an iPhone or 2-3
    Last edited by nonobeez; 06/06/2009 at 02:20 AM.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Yes, but it pauses your internet connection. So if the person who is calling wants to know where a certain restaurant is where you should meet, you can't just google that person and tell him/her on the phone.

You have to say, "I'll call you back."
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    the only reason I would return the Pre if sprint service sucks in my area...I've been on AT&T for 6 yrs not with iphone but with Treo 680.. I'm a graphic designer so mac is the computer I used the most. But I'm not marry to it..it doesn't matter what's the latest phone.. as long it suits me then I'm with it...
    Now that I have a Pre I can tell you 100% unequivocally I will NOT be trading it in for any iPhone 3G 3.0 or any of the products rumored to be released by Apple this year. They are going to need to step it up by a LOT to match the Pre user interface. The Apple app store is going to be way better than the Pre App Catalog for a long time to come but but the Pre UI makes up for it...for me.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    I'm going to tell you now that it seems by placeholders shown by various carriers, 32GB is next and that alone could stop many from switching. 32GB will carry all my crap for along time, LOL!

Those already on Sprint may just deal with the much lower storage due to cost of the plans though. There's no absolutes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12