Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know I am on a Pre forum and most everyone is going to say Pre... what about some of you iPhone users out there? What are you doing?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I'm personally jumping ship to the Pre. I'd rather go with a company that wants and NEEDS my business, rather than the titan who has taken 2 years to implement customer requested features. I have high hopes for Palm.
    Wait for Monday, it cant hurt. But in general I would be shocked if there was anything revolutionary added to the iPhone next week. I would expect a few new feature beyond what they announced a couple months back. Same with hardware.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I'm personally jumping ship to the Pre. I'd rather go with a company that wants and NEEDS my business, rather than the titan who has taken 2 years to implement customer requested features. I have high hopes for Palm.
    I agree apple has taken a while to come out with features that should have been there since day one.... call my what you want but i have never had an apple product fail me...

just from what im hearing apple may be bringing... video chat...multimedia sharing.

oh and teathering is a go with 3.0

im just in a big mess right now lol

preeeee or iphoneeee? lol
    Just go and find a demo unit(Pre) to play with this weekend and see what apple does Monday and then decide.
    I'm really not interested in an Apple/AT&T product.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    It would take an awful lot for me to raise my monthly bill by that much and give up a hard keyboard. I think that due to a few must-have features for me, I'm not in the target audience for the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Its funny you are jumping to a Palm product then. How long did they milk os5?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    The network can make the decision for you. In contradiction to all the rumors about how horrible Sprint customer service is, I've had Sprint for 10 years and have found them repeatedly helpful beyond the call of duty. I've had some really bad experiences with AT&T landline. It's a simple call for me. Whatever other factors there are, the network has decided. (Reviews almost unanimously give data speed to Sprint as well.)

Anybody know when we could expect the iPhone on Verizon? That's the only situation that would have any chance of tempting me.
    I'm more disappointed at that hardware improvements than the software (seriously, 4 generations to get from the 600 to 755/680? ludicrous). They stretched palmOS out over 13yrs. It started on a simple monochrome screen running a processor less powerful than what's in a basic dumbphone nowadays. I think it's pretty impressive they took PalmOS as far as they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Its funny you are jumping to a Palm product then. How long did they milk os5?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Grab the pre... You have 30 days to return it, no questions asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    excellent idea.

I want both.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    do they return cash in full? or do you have to wait for a corp refund check like a few places i know do.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    In the iPhone Live (iPhone Blog) video cast last night there was speculation that the new iPhones will offer a front-facing camera for video chat and that Steve Jobs would make an appearance via video chat. That would get a TON of media attention. Video chat may sound hokey but it definitely could be one of those "I have to get that" features for people who are willing/looking for a reason to buy new hardware. Existing iPhone users would probably have to turn their phone around but could still participate but in an awkward way.

There would practically be endless media as reporters and bloggers "iChat in" from remote locations on the fly.
    ATTs network is already so bogged down by data traffic due to the iPhone. There is no way they would allow video chat at this time.
    AT&T's poor service in my Chicago 'hood is dictating the switch in some ways. The other is that I have missed my Treo 650. The iPhone was a step I had to take, but Apple's insistance on deciding what I want is intolerable. I hope Palm makes good on their word that they are only looking at stability and bugs when approving apps. To allow features to be added through third-party support is what I miss about PalmOS (And WinMo).
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Can't hurt to wait if you're still on the fence.

Re: video chat... seems like it would just be a mobile version of iChat that people would use over wi-fi like they do with laptops that have web cams. Honestly can't see video chat becoming ubiquitous, though I imagine there are those who would love it. I would never use it, so even if it's a "cool" feature, it's not a draw for me. (Just imagining how tired my arm would get holding the phone up in front of my face for video chat... I might as well be sitting in front of something I don't have to prop up.)
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Dont quote me, but I am almost positive they will give you an instant refund i.e Cash or credit on your credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by em.eggers View Post
    do they return cash in full? or do you have to wait for a corp refund check like a few places i know do.
    I don't think it much matters now. It appears Pre stocks will be full by early next week so the wait won't hurt you. I want it now, just because I do. I know I'm not getting an iPhone even if it washes dishes. Easy choice for me.
    yap they give you instant refund in whatever way you paid for it.

As far as waiting till monday it really doesn't hurt you to wait if you are considering an Iphone but for me it doesn't matter what Apple announces I'm still getting a Pre as I'm not found of Apple products.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    don't they charge a restocking fee now? like 35% or something.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast