Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm not waiting for Apple's announcement; I'll be in line Saturday for the pre.

I waited 6 hours in line for the first iphone, and 4 hours for the second iphone. To me the pre represents a new idea/philosophy on what a smart phone should be; always connected, synergy (ugh hate that word lol), true multitasking and a proper unobtrusive notification system.

I don't see anything remotely like that with the 3.0 update to be announced, and I'd be surprised if they announced any radical new hardware.

On the plus side I'll get off of AT&T's less bars in more places network. AT&T's network has always been crappy for me, and you would think I would get great coverage and data speeds being in the Bay Area. Unfortunately I get more edge connections than 3g, and I have my fair share of dropped/missed calls.

./Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Many of the reviews have been very mixed about Sprint in comparison to AT&T.
    Yes one of the general themes on many reviews is the phone is good but that the service blows.

Sprints terrible reputation is part of many reviews
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Yes one of the general themes on many reviews is the phone is good but that the service blows.

Sprints terrible reputation is part of many reviews
    Right, it's reputation that's part of the reviews, not a review of Sprint. I've had Sprint for 10 years and they have treated me like a king. I don't understand how they have such a bad reputation. Maybe I just got lucky.
    Wait to see if any of the rumors pan out. Otherwise you may be kicking yourself. Unless you really hate AT&T's plans.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Right, it's reputation that's part of the reviews, not a review of Sprint. I've had Sprint for 10 years and they have treated me like a king. I don't understand how they have such a bad reputation. Maybe I just got lucky.
    I am sorry but part of brand value, especially when you are making a contract commitment of two years is reputation. Both Palm and Sprint have bad reputations (and relatively unhealthy financial as well).

I am perplexed at the idea that reputation doesn't matter when it is a key part of buying decision. companies with bad reputations have to compete on things like price since they are already discounted.

You have to ask why have people been leaving Sprint for verizon and for ATT (even those not getting iphone)? For every good experience with Sprint (adn I don't doubt yours) two people have a bad experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123