1.    #1  
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I want to upgrade from my Platinum to either the Handera 330 or Visor Prism. JJPepple will offer me $140 for just the platinum, but I have another quote in the works for all my accesories too (GoType, Serial&USB cradles, backup module, Handspring modem). I really would like color, but the dismissable Graffiti area and higher res is a great upgrade(I rarely use Graffiti...infact I rarely write on my Visor without a keyboard) and hi-res movies would be great. Can the HE330 store movies on a SD/CF card and then view them directly? If so, what app would enable this?

Then again, the Visor would be an easier upgrade. I could keep everything (modify the GoType), my Memplug would still work with gMovie. I'm leaning towards Prism, but I'll have to see how the holidays work out this year. If I sell just the platinum, I'll only be
    $240 from a Prism (and maybe I'll find a Staples coupon, they give them away like candy). Sigh. So confusing...
    methinks prism.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    methinks prism.
    Now that I've been thinking about, it would be a lot easier to upgrade. I scrape together $260 from Christmas and my birthday and working, and I sell the plat. I modify the Gotype, and I'm ready.
    good answer. the prize goes to t-bird
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    good answer. the prize goes to t-bird
    What prize? A Prism maybe? Or maybe a SiPix printer?
    close youe eyes...
    Frankly, though I love my Visor. I'd go with the HE330.

Why? All the peripherals that fit its form factor; replaceable or rechargeable batteries; hi-rez screen; 2 expansion slots (!!); voice recorder; recent version of the OS, comes with QuickOffice, LOUDER speaker, and YOU CAN READ THE SCREEN IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.

I use my Visor everywhere. If I couldn't read it outdoors, I wouldn't use it.

Now...my true heart throb at this moment is the new high end Sony Clei. But I'm going to wait and see if HS comes out with a color model (legible outdoors) in the VDX form factor (if I have to buy all new peripherals, I'm switching brands), with a high res screen--basically something competative with the Clei in VDX form factor. I'll give HS until years end, then I go shopping (and this from a man who has sold Visors to 3 friends, my mother, two co-workers).
    Tough call. I'd say prism by a slight margin. You can't really go wrong with either.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I just upgraded from a vdx to prism and really love it! Color makes more of a difference than I thought it would. I really like the BugMe/prism/eyemodule combo. I still have the first eyemodule- but if you capture the picture through the Bugme program, it shows up in color on the prism. And the pictures look alot better when captured through Bugme! (Maybe I'm hallucinating... but it really looks that way!!)

Just curious- How will you modify the GoType to fit your Prism? I have one too, and thought I would have to sell it and get a new keyboard.
    Not sure if you have ever visited Coupons.Dealnews, but they have many online coupon codes for companies, Staples included.

Here is the link:

Coupons

As for your decision, that is a tough call. I love everthing about the HandERA, except the lack of color. I love everything about the Prism, except the inability to view it in direct sunlight.

Between these two, I would have to go with the Prism. Color wins again.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by Marcy Fields

Just curious- How will you modify the GoType to fit your Prism? I have one too, and thought I would have to sell it and get a new keyboard.
    I beleive it's just plastic is in the way, and nothing a file can't fix. It's out of warrenty anyway.
    Go with what you know-- the HS stystem with color -- and good color at that -- don't think you could beat the Prism --
    Why limit yourself to "Handera" or "Prism"... You want good color and the ability to view in direct sunlight? Go Clié.
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by Chazzz
    Why limit yourself to "Handera" or "Prism"... You want good color and the ability to view in direct sunlight? Go Clié.
    You're right, but I don't know what I was thinking with the HE. I'd love the Clie, but I have too much money in HS accersories, and all but the gotype would work if I go to the Prism. I'll wait till next (15 months) Christmas so I get full use out of my Platinum and use some of it as a Christmas Present.