1.    #1  
    This Wired article really sets the tone for the inevitable David & Goliath story that's brewing between these two phones. One important conclusion to both sides is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    “For Palm to succeed does not mean that Apple has to do badly,” Gartenberg said. “And likewise for Apple to succeed doesn’t mean that Palm is going to go out of business. There’s going to be a lot of room in the smartphone market for several players here.”
    Palm Execs always state:"PRE is for the rest of us".

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Surely the main issue (and definition of success) is whether Palm expand their range of customers and business with the Pre, not whether they take market share from Apple (which I think is unlikely). Apple could probably afford to be complacent on their next release but I have a feeling that will not please the hard-core Apple consumers, who expect hardware updates every couple of years. Straddling the consumer/business divide, Palm should do well regardless.
    I wonder how long it will take for someone to not read the article and claim they are iphone fanbois.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I wonder how long it will take for someone to not read the article and claim they are iphone fanbois.
    Ha ha - that link is like Pre fanboi bait.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    It certainly leans Apple, but the only other phone mentioned in the article is the Pre. Articles like this will help Palm. There will be a lot more articles like this with spec comparisons after Apple's announcement.
    Yeah it insinuates that the Pre is "Following apple" instead of doing anything much new.