1.    #1  
    An article was posted on TechCrunch which was then reposted on the SeekingAlpha website.

This article had some basic numerical errors which I pointed out in comments to the article and an email to the editor of Seeking Alpha.

Low and behold I was told there were no errors (in spite of the obvious errors) - and then I emailed the editor back with clear corrections and guess what?

My comments on the article were removed and I have not received a response even when the article is wrong. As its wrong in Apples favour and that the article is posted by one of Tech Crunch guys it won't be edited or removed.
    I assume, although you never mention it, this article was about the Pre? You wouldn't possible have a link would you? Do you also have the precise wording of your corrections?
    I'm still looking for the relevance to the Pre, but I'm sure it'll become clear to me soon enough...
  4.    #4  
    Relevance is that it was a biased Apple article.

read the comments

Apple and RIM: The Spoils Go to the Smartest -- Seeking Alpha

The Spoils Go To The Smartest. Apple And RIM Take Majority Of Cell Phone Industry Profits

The graphs legend is wrong - reads thousands - makes no sense - Iphone contributed $4.5m in profits to Apple and total profits for all Phone manufactuers was $20m

Even the amount of sales in absolute dollars is wrong. Basic errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    Relevance is that it was a biased Apple article.
    Ah, so you admit this has no place in this forum. Mods!

Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    The graphs legend is wrong - reads thousands - makes no sense - Iphone contributed $4.5m in profits to Apple and total profits for all Phone manufactuers was $20m
    Are you saying that Apple didn't make $4.5M in profits just like the charts depict? Are you misunderstanding the legend? It is essentially telling you to append 3 zeros (000) to the end of the values in the vertical axis. So 20,000 becomes 20,000,000.

Am I missing something else?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Ah, so you admit this has no place in this forum. Mods!

Are you saying that Apple didn't make $4.5M in profits just like the charts depict? Are you misunderstanding the legend? It is essentially telling you to append 3 zeros (000) to the end of the values in the vertical axis. So 20,000 becomes 20,000,000.

Am I missing something else?
    Yes like most things. READ the article. The graphs are wrong. Don't try to be clever - if the guy who wrote the article cannot think for a moment and see that $20m for the total profits as I mentioned earlier is totally wrong but continues writing the article based on this monumental error.

Even after asking for edits this does not happen then its relevant because it's another piece of pro Apple bias that is coming out near the pre launch which needs to be countered.