1.    #1  
    people out there in the world of comments on cell phones. i have been hearing this reports and comments on this upcoming new iphone that is supposed to revolutionize the wireless industry having one with 16gigs of memory and another being 32gigs. please answer me this folks, tell me where any working or non working person gonna have a phone that has 16gig of memory to use even one that has 32gig of memory.

even if you work for a company, how many people are gonna use 32gigs of memory on their phone. if you use that much, i have to say that you don't have a life. my question is "why" why try to make a phone with all of that space that alot of people will not use all of.

apple did great with making the phone, even though they had a lot of bugs bad reception up and down as far as reviews, even the second version did well but answer this the price of the phone for their 8gig was 299.00 and the 16gig was 399.00. now they are going to make a third version that will have 16gigs, like the second version, and one that will have 32gigs. "why so much memory?"

come on people, out of a thousand people, who will go out to get this device. now if apple wanted to do things better then stop trying to make a phone with big memory, knowing that people will buy the smaller of the gigs to save money, and think how can a reputable company grow.

one thing apple should do is try going 3g without the sim cards, since you have some 3g phones go card less and even try a good evdo company mainly with processor speeds and a good camera whats so hard about making a 3 to 5 megapixel camera. make the phone multitasking, use a good web os system. try making video camera with the phone as well.

i think this pre will be a great phone if palm can make good apps for this phone ie banking, investing, good gaming (please no dorky games) and useful apps, i think this phone will do well. if palm increases memory for phone performance make the second generation have around 10gigs that's a good amount for all types of people. hit me back on what i said
    People want to take their entire music collection with them, plus videos and movies. Personally, I don't get it. The last thing I want to do is watch Batman on a 3" screen. But excess sells! Why make a 32GB iPhone? Because it will sell, and to a lot of folks who already have 8 GB models or even 16 GB ones. It's more marketing hype than substance IMHO, but then Apple is the champ at that kind of thing, and the fanboys line up to play Cupertino's game.
    Quote Originally Posted by torrence.joseph30 View Post
    people out there in the world of comments on cell phones. i have been hearing this reports and comments on this upcoming new iphone that is supposed to revolutionize the wireless industry having one with 16gigs of memory and another being 32gigs. please answer me this folks, tell me where any working or non working person gonna have a phone that has 16gig of memory to use even one that has 32gig of memory.
    Welcome to the boards. Glad to have you feeling comfortable enough so soon after joining that you would start such a pointless thread. I ditched my 16 GB iPhone due to the inferior AT&T network, but before I did, I found myself swapping data in and out of the phone because there wasn't enough room for everything all the time. I have a 32 GB iPod Touch with ~3-5 GBs free at any time. It's easy to fill up 16-32 GBs, if you have enough imagination. If you don't feel like you need the space, well then, apparently you don't.

Again, welcome to the boards - I hope you're getting all the support you need here.
    I agree that FEW (not no) people will have 32Gb of music. However, what you seemingly fail to understand is that nowadays, apps (especially games) are becoming much larger, and I have seen a couple that can be as much as 1gb or more.

With iPhone OS 3.0; and future iterations, as well as increases in processor power, games will grow larger and larger and require much more space.

Furthermore, Apple wants to become the market leader in selling video content, as it has done with music through the iPhone store. Now that iTunes Store contains HD content, it is especially important that this video has somewhere to go.

Apple has always wanted stuff to 'Just Work' and thus they will not want people to have to sort their media before a trip, it's much more useful if it just gets dumped on there ready to go.
    I use internet radio or Orb for streaming my music library (120GB) and video (700GB) to Palm. I have a 16GB SD card on my Treo and have used less than 8GB. Most of that is music that I don't need to be local. I just don't need that much for storing music/video thanks to Orb. www.orb.com

Discover cloud computing all. That is what Pre is about. You're caught in archaic Apple thinking. Sell iTunes music.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 06/01/2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I use internet radio or Orb for streaming my music library (120GB) and video (700GB) to Palm. I have a 16GB SD card on my Treo and have used less than 8GB. Most of that is music that I don't need to be local. I just don't need that much for storing music/video thanks to Orb. MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

Discover cloud computing all. That is what Pre is about. You're caught in archaic Apple thinking. Sell iTunes music.
    Personally I prefer higher quality than Orb can produce for movies so it's easier just to carry them along with me (given I have sufficient memory). Plus, it's pretty hard to watch Orb during those coast-to-coast flights. However, products like orb are great for live TV streaming.

I also prefer to not rely on music streaming in my car or on a flight when I can can have guaranteed uninterrupted, higher quality media on my phone. I prefer the "All I need - anytime I need it" approach to media and documents because you never know when you're going to lose that connection.

It's all just a matter of preference.
    The iPhone is really a PMP(personal media player) with a phone on the side, remember that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post

It's all just a matter of preference.
    Yeah, it's not perfect in every case but it meets most needs. Audio streaming while traveling in car is not an issue though as I've driven cross country streaming internet radio or orb, not significant issues.

In flight, just load movies you want ahead of time, no biggie. It's not like you could fit a lot of movies in 32GB anyway, 8GB is enough for a couple. With inflight WiFi starting to appear, streaming won't be an issue in near future.

With some exceptions, cloud is the way to go for accessing a massive amount of content. Local storage is for just the essentials.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The iPhone is really a PMP(personal media player) with a phone on the side, remember that.
    Focused on local content, not the cloud. So last brain cycle.

What I like about Orb is that I don't have to manage media on lots of devices. It's all managed on one and all the others can access it. No more wondering which device I put xyz content on. Can keep it centralized in terabytes of storage. Orb also lets you download en masse locally if you want to. www.orb.com
    Last edited by xenophonite; 06/01/2009 at 09:18 PM.
    There's an app called Air Sharing, I wonder if it works like Orb. It seems to but I need to look into it more.

P.S. One possible big drawback that always stops me from using these. Don't you need to keep your computer on for either? Not interested at this time, if so. I don't want my computer running when I'm gone.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/01/2009 at 09:53 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!