1.    #1  
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    There's also a rumor floating around that the $99 iPhone will be 8 GB, not 4 GB... that would be something for Palm to sweat about even more...
    doubt it
    iPhone is old already.. There's more to it than just a price of a phone..
    That, plus the EOS could fill the $99 webOS void... the EOS actually looks like a cool device, especially at $99. (if all of the rumors turn out to be true)
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    In all reality though, I think there's plenty of room in the world for the iPhone and the Pre to co-exist. Different people will always have a preference for one over the other... I'm already a 2-generation iPhone guy (and won't be giving mine up anytime soon), but I'd still like a Pre, so... what can ya do?
    K thanks.

I pic fanboy FAIL.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    lol at ichat on at&ts already crappy network. I can see at&t charging users a extra 9.99 a month on top of your data plan to do it, and then when you try to do it you cant because the network is clogged up. and 4gb is to small heck most of yall complain about 8gb on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRBTempe View Post
    In all reality though, I think there's plenty of room in the world for the iPhone and the Pre to co-exist. Different people will always have a preference for one over the other... I'm already a 2-generation iPhone guy (and won't be giving mine up anytime soon), but I'd still like a Pre, so... what can ya do?
    YEP! That's exactly the case.

I have tried side sliding keyboards (Mogul), no keyboard (Touch), and I keep comping back the the fact that I need a front-facing keyboard. If the Pre's keyboard is close to as good as the 800w's it should kick ****!
    Last edited by jabo; 06/01/2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: yupo
    If you look closely, it talks about a 3 YEAR CONTRACT! Now, I'm from the UK, where your average contract is about 18 months (and a damn sight cheaper than most I hear about in the US by the way) - I don't reckon that anyone will be saving much money with one of these. Anyone know how much a 3 year Fido contract costs though?

Also been having this discussion (cheap iPhones) here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    K thanks.
    lol, you and I think alike.. hahaha
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    This is just a clearance for old iPhones. Don't panic.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    didn't they get rid of the 4G for the 8G and the 16G? and now they are bringing it back? remember those people paying 299 for it then got the larger models? and they didn't even work! trying to make money over dumbness, hand over fist.
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Even if they give out the iPhone for free you're still stuck with a more expensive monthly plan. No thank you.
    I have used a Palm forever and have switched to Sprint to continue that. But I am realizing that if you are a robust Outlook user the Google interface is not so great. I have a loner cureve I am using until I make my decision.

Any thoughts fro you all????
    The reason they're going to be offering so many different capacities, and prices, is because of the lack of new features...a compass and some functions it should have had in the first place (MMS/Copy&Paste), big deal!
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    This marks the End of the Pre.
    Hardly. What some of the young newcomers around here dont realize is that many (most) of us adults don't even like the iphone. I could have any phone I want at any price and there are dozens of phones I would rather have than the iphone.

They could make the iphone free and the Pre could still succeed. The only thing that can prevent the Pre from succeeding is the Pre itself.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011