Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by macintoshse View Post
    Amen to that. I went to a sprint store today and there are Pre signs all in the windows but the reps. act like they know nothing about the phone.
    That's because Sprint reps don't get trained until the 3rd and 4th to my knowlege, look at the 'Launch Lunch' memo. It seems surprising, but Sprint at least seem to have some kind of plan, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    4gb iPhones will kill the iPhone. It's like the RAZR. Nothing can rule forever, and when things become so popular that everyone in the world has one/can afford one, people move on.
    I think there is some difference, because the RAZR became the very bottom, cheapest phone available, and I don't believe that Apple would do this to chase money, but on the other hand I take your point. It is perfectly feasible that Apple would take the vast majority of the top end of the phone market, and thus turn off customers.

I remember just a couple of years ago, when the iPhone was somewhat of a rarity, and it was a real surprise to see one. Nowadays, all my friends and their dogs all have one, and they're becoming pretty common. Lets say AT&T (and other worldwide carriers) drop prices to combat new competitors, from the Pre to Android. In that case, there may well be a backlash against the iPhone.

However, I think we are a long way from that, and I furthermore think that there is a lot Apple can do to stave that off - from allowing OS skinning to offering different flavours of hardware, perhaps an iPhone RED or specific iPhones (on the style of the U2 iPod).
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Huge mistake on Palm/Sprints part. Pre should have been out 3-4 weeks ago.

Apple is the 800lb Gorilla.
    But once the Pre comes out they will only be 650lb's
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    4gb iPhones will kill the iPhone. It's like the RAZR. Nothing can rule forever, and when things become so popular that everyone in the world has one/can afford one, people move on. You want to sell a lot but you don't want to become dirt cheap to do it, kinda like what Macs or the PS3 try to do.

This will definitely be interesting.
    Except there are still many iPod users who would like an all-in-one device. All those possible iPhones are more likely to hurt stand alone iPods. I'm betting they will do what they did with the 1st generation iPhone, see what sticks and discontinue the rest.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Looks like Rogers has inadvertently confirmed the $99 iPhone (and that's $99 Canadian or about $91 US). It's only 4GB, but according to my Pre friends on this site, memory's not really an important issue. That's pretty cheap for a phone that does almost everything the twice-as-expensive Pre does - but just 1 think at-a-time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12