Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have a Touch, which is nearly identical to the iphone, but thinner. Naked (the Touch; not me) is hard to hang on to, so mine resides in a leather folio (Skech) much of the time. The Pre, while I've not seen it in person yet (obviously!), appears to be more "holdable" due to a bit more thickness and roundness. I suspect folks will find it easier to hold without it slipping out of their grasp.

I think they both look fine, btw...different, but both have STYLE.
    As a video media player and browser, I'd like the iPhone form factor. As a day-in-day-out device, the Palm seems much more fit to the task. iPhone is tethered to its iPod legacy and Pre is tethered to its Palm III legacy. Different contexts and foci.

I'm looking for the closest thing I can find to a tricorder and the Pre is it.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    In that pic, the Pre all the way. I have an iPhone, I HATE my iPhone, and I can't wait to get the Pre. That all being said, that's an unfair pic, and it's not just because the iPhone isn't on. It's an unfair pic because the iPhone has a screen protector on it. Less glossy=less sexy. It's the same reason why the pics of the Pre on the BoyGeniusReport "first look" article look like garbage.
    I'm shocked some of the regular Grammar Nazi's haven't apprehended this topic yet!
    "Palm Pre way sexier then Iphone?" Then/Than is just to tempting to let slide....
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I'm shocked some of the regular Grammar Nazi's haven't apprehended this topic yet!
    "Palm Pre way sexier then Iphone?" Then/Than is just to tempting to let slide....
    Heh. I got lambasted last time. I'm gonna go for about a 90 to 1 ratio before I comment on grammar again...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    Totally off topic: your avatar is so awesome!! did you draw it yourself?
    Kindly excuse me for the off topic.

I finally found out where I created my avatar. Here is the link: FaceYourManga.com | Shake Yourself!
  7.    #47  
    sweet thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    In that pic, the Pre all the way. I have an iPhone, I HATE my iPhone, and I can't wait to get the Pre. That all being said, that's an unfair pic, and it's not just because the iPhone isn't on. It's an unfair pic because the iPhone has a screen protector on it. Less glossy=less sexy. It's the same reason why the pics of the Pre on the BoyGeniusReport "first look" article look like garbage.
    Not just a screen protector, but an anti-glare screen protector.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I currently have a Touch Pro, and my boss has the iPhone. As soon as I showed her my phone, her immediate comment was: "I wouldn't want a phone with a screen that size".

While folks can argue back and forth about which one is the most aesthetically pleasing, I'd bet that many, many users would use screen size and phone thinness as the determining factors.
    I know I would like having a bigger screen, but don't the pre and the iPhone have the same resolution, which I would think is more important than screen size?
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by AllWires View Post
    I know I would like having a bigger screen, but don't the pre and the iPhone have the same resolution, which I would think is more important than screen size?
    Ya I think palm should have put a 3.5" screen to be exactly the same size as the iphone but I guess I haven't seen a 3.1" screen yet. Oooh and yes the resolution is exactly the same which the good part is that you can use all the wallpapers for the Iphone on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    i forgot where i got it from. i was actually searching for a site where i can cartoonize myself and i found this site where i can anime myself. problem is i forgot it now.

sorry for the off topic.

i thought it was a picture of kevin rose.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I currently have a Touch Pro, and my boss has the iPhone. As soon as I showed her my phone, her immediate comment was: "I wouldn't want a phone with a screen that size".

While folks can argue back and forth about which one is the most aesthetically pleasing, I'd bet that many, many users would use screen size and phone thinness as the determining factors.
    I don't know if it's more important to the casual user / buyer. The Touch Pro has a higher resolution than the iPhone, after all. And I have gotten the above response more than once.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    While I like bigger screens, I think the 3.1" (well, really 3.2" would've been prefered) is the good middle ground between a big screen like the iPhone's 3.5" and the tiny 2.8" screen of my Touch Diamond.

While I loved carrying around the iPod Touch a while for videos, as an everyday device...especially considering the iPhone is thicker...I wouldn't like it. I don't like using holsters, I want something I can put in my pocket. The Touch followed by the Touch Diamond (both roughly the same size as the Pre) were the first smart phones I ever had that I ALWAYS took with me no matter where I went instead of stopping sometimes and going "Do I really want to lug this thing around?" I actually LIKE that the Pre is apparently extremely light, meaning its going to be even more pocketable.

So, if I was JUST getting a media device, the iPod Touch would be sexier. As a smartPHONE, I gotta go with the Pre. Near perfect balance of screen size and phone size.

Not to mention, 3.5" or not, when typing the Palm's screen is essentially bigger because its not having 1/3 of it taken up by a keyboard.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    While I like bigger screens, I think the 3.1" (well, really 3.2" would've been prefered) is the good middle ground between a big screen like the iPhone's 3.5" and the tiny 2.8" screen of my Touch Diamond.

While I loved carrying around the iPod Touch a while for videos, as an everyday device...especially considering the iPhone is thicker...I wouldn't like it. I don't like using holsters, I want something I can put in my pocket. The Touch followed by the Touch Diamond (both roughly the same size as the Pre) were the first smart phones I ever had that I ALWAYS took with me no matter where I went instead of stopping sometimes and going "Do I really want to lug this thing around?" I actually LIKE that the Pre is apparently extremely light, meaning its going to be even more pocketable.

So, if I was JUST getting a media device, the iPod Touch would be sexier. As a smartPHONE, I gotta go with the Pre. Near perfect balance of screen size and phone size.

Not to mention, 3.5" or not, when typing the Palm's screen is essentially bigger because its not having 1/3 of it taken up by a keyboard.

I would say that's why palm probably made only a 3.1" screen.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123