Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I know I care about the usability the most but I'm just saying when I look at the two the iphone looks outdated.

^I know. Just had to get that off my chest as a former cult member.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    ^I know. Just had to get that off my chest as a former cult member.
    haha good one.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I agree... but is it cause the Pre just looks so much shinier? haha. I've held my cousin's iphone plenty of times, and in real life the iphone looks much nicer than in that picture. Maybe because it was on.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    It is all about how well it fits in the pocket. The iPhone does have the advantage in thickness, but with the flat rigid screen it isn't the best phone from a pocket standpoint. The Pre is thicker but has more rounded edges and smaller length and width when closed.

If you plan to holster the device, the Pre is a much better looking phone IMO.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've already got both iPhones, and all three devices are quite sexy! LOL
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Both are good looking phones but with the pre Palm did things a bit different in not only the way the phone looks but the way it feels. Most phone manufacturers like to copy the iphone look. But after two years of the iphone it does look a little plain to me now.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I go for the Pre i like the stone look.
    I think the question shouldn't be which is sexier - it should be which is less geeky
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    First of all, I don't completely understand the "sexy device" thing. What are you some of you folks planning on doing with it?

That said, you will notice that though the Pre is smaller, it ... expands ... gets bigger, you know.

And the iPhone just kind of sits there... almost like it's ... lacking in a certain function...

Just an observation mind you...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    Totally off topic: your avatar is so awesome!! did you draw it yourself?
    i forgot where i got it from. i was actually searching for a site where i can cartoonize myself and i found this site where i can anime myself. problem is i forgot it now.

sorry for the off topic.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    First of all, I don't completely understand the "sexy device" thing. What are you some of you folks planning on doing with it?

That said, you will notice that though the Pre is smaller, it ... expands ... gets bigger, you know.

And the iPhone just kind of sits there... almost like it's ... lacking in a certain function...

Just an observation mind you...
    HAHA that's funny.
    I guess the Palm guys were right... the Pre definitely has something more "organic" about it. The seamless-ness of the Pre helps a lot. Very different design language.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    sure i agree, but then again, the pre is the new kid on the block. 'new' always help it looks better
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    When I use the Pre I j*** in my pants. =P

(Is this appropriate for the forum? It's on hulu with no mature audience warnings or anything, so I don't see why not. Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Digital Short: J*** in My Pants)
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Not a fair comparison, the Iphone is off while the pre isn't.

if both were on, I'd prolly pick the iphone.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    PRE looks so better!
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post
    Not a fair comparison, the Iphone is off while the pre isn't.

if both were on, I'd prolly pick the iphone.
    The iPhone should have been turned on. I know you guys here hate the iPhone but it does look good.
    I think the iPhone wins on basic sexiness. If you're talking form over function then the Pre should score a knockout. But on pure style, I have to give it to the iPhone.
  19.    #39  
    pre is sexier
    That picture looks like a svelte iPhone hanging out with its fat friend just so's the iPhone can feel thinner. There's a kind of Laurel and Hardy thing going on there.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast