Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I'm a Mac user and love the simplicity of the sytem, but I was never happy with the iPhone. I'm usually pretty impartial about the whole iPhone versus Pre debate. No one phone can meet the needs of everyone, and everyone is entitled to their opinion....BUT some of their opinions and rants are just SOOO funny! This came from MacRumors.... (I think he/she must be young...notice the slang use)

Iphone vs. Pre (Not a matchup)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the palm pre.. are u serious?
    The palm pre is like a joke... its the lower end.. its the answer for all the iPhone/Apple haters..hahaha.. Its not even a threat to the iPhone.. most people havent even heard of it..

Lol all the pre lovers are going to drop $300, with a $100 mail in "rebate" thats going to take 6 months to get back.. for a UGLY phone thats trying to COPY the iphone. not to mention it only has 7.4 gigs of memory, a smaller touchscreen.. and the list goes on.. for $300 dollars (same price as a pre) ... u can get a 16 gig iphone with a 3.4 inch screen or for $200 dollars 8 gig iphone with a 3.4 inch screen.. not to mention all the apps you will ever possibly need in the app store.. not to mention iTunes.. The number 1 music source in the world! not to mention that no need for pushing buttons.. and dragging apps here and there and directories on the computer.. having to have different applications on your computer to put music on the device.. with iTunes.. just set up your phone one time.. all your apps can be synced back in forth, contacts, calendars,music, videos, podcasts, photos, ringtones.. its hassle free..

what does the "pre" have that the iphone doesnt have??
    a keyboard... as we can see the iphone on screen keyboard is a non issue n e more.. i mean the keyboard on the pre is all cram together, not to mention ugly. iphone keyboard is simple.. on screen! and has a spell check.. and in 3.0 landscape keyboard.. i mean look at the pre.. the phone is fckn ugly.. its thick.. reminds me of the att Tilt. except the keyboard slides down.. haha good luck.. the iphone has
    thousands of applications.. and dont come with me with that emulator crap.. all the palm os apps was trash n e ways..

and yall going to say feature wise the pre is better?
    how so?? All we see is os being ran on a computer? and yall saying its so fast, so snappy.. of course it is! its prolly being ran on 2.0+ ghz computer.. what u expect.. the pre isnt out yet and its still not better.. when 3.0 comes out.. the iphone will be the most complete phone ever made.. The pre contacts is better?? cuz its integrated with facebook and google?? you can already import contacts on the iphone from facebook and google.. it has featured google natively and for the facebook.. theirs dozens of apps for that..
    background processes?? u dont really need it but for the internet and listening to music.. just like it does on the iphone.. y would u need to run your settings or photos in the background? lol yall like the card view?? how u have to push the bottom button and then flick the application up to close it? to much work.. iphone just push the home button.. cant get any easier than that..

Now that i think about it..the pre is not even in the same category as the iphone.. the pre is still outdated.. the iphone beats the pre before it even comes out.. its "pre" beat before the release.. i mean the pre is fat, has a keyboard thats ugly, ugly form style, a stupid OS, less gigs, smaller screen.. for more than the iphone and not to mention the pre is on the worst network in the US.. and if this phone was so great.. it would have been on the verizon network... think twice before getting a pre.. its going to buggier than iphone 3.0 on beta 1..
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    LMAO I needed a good laugh! I wish these morons were in my class I would tear them to shreds LOL
    Yeah, lots of dingleberries out there look at these things the way sports jocks look at their favorite team. It's like they are obligated to cheerlead for some corporation to show their loyalty. The questionable grasp of the English language pretty much says it all as does the focus on "ugly ugly ugly". For some folks it's still all about fashion and status. A "real" review or comparison would compare capabilities and features.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Where'd you cull these from? Multiple sites? How many discrete responses are there? I ask because a couple seem like they're from the same person.

Or are you a secret troll that's been waiting to spring this hatred propaganda on us unsuspecting Pre folk since 2004? Sneaky, sneaky!
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I'm a Mac user and love the simplicity of the sytem, but I was never happy with the iPhone. I'm usually pretty impartial about the whole iPhone versus Pre debate. No one phone can meet the needs of everyone, and everyone is entitled to their opinion....BUT some of their opinions and rants are just SOOO funny!
    I agree with you 100%... I'm also a Mac user, and some of the things that some I-phone users say are crazy.. Its really sad, I give the I-phone credit for what it has brought to the market, to me, its made cell phone makers wake up and make better products, to me, the competition is good, at the end, we get the better deal out of it with better products.. In my opinion, there both nice phones, but I want my damn Pre...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Definitely feeling threatened, no question about that. I really hope this is not the future of English grammar.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I don't think the iPhone folks are scared of anything. They've drunk the cool-aid and are immune to logic, facts, or just plain rational judgement. Like the OP, I'm a Mac user that never got the iPhone bug. It may be the only Apple product I don't own.

Every time someone makes the Pre/iPhone comparison it plays right into Apple's hand. You can't win a rational debate with iPhone fanboys, you can only give them publicity. The Cult of Macintosh is not only a book, it's also a subject studied in business schools - it's that big a phenomenon. The only way to win this game of Pre/iPhone is not to play. And there's no need for a comparison really. Concentrate on what the Pre does well and ignore the Cupertino crowd. The cell phone market is certainly big enough for both devices to be monster hits. As for the iPhone fanboys high-fiving each other and shooting sticky wads of goo around the room, just ignore them. They're mostly harmless.
    I feel like I needed a translator or some kind of legend to follow that.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Ah, the rantings of a mentally challenged 16 year old?
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I don't think the iPhone folks are scared of anything. They've drunk the cool-aid and are immune to logic, facts, or just plain rational judgement. Like the OP, I'm a Mac user that never got the iPhone bug. It may be the only Apple product I don't own.
    indeed, the original piece is from macrumors, of course there are cool people there as well, but you sure can expect the morons like op quoted as well.
    People are so lame. Why are they so personally offended.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I think it's time to institute a one child per family mandate in this country until natural selection gets back on track

YOUTHS SCARE ME
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Funny and expected .
    where did you get these from ?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I do agree with him on the size of the keyboard and the screen. But every other thing he said simply just shows how worried Iphone people are.
    I wish the key board was a litter bigger, like the HTC touch pro (superb keyboard), and the screen a little bigger also. Other than that, so far the pre is a dream come through on sprint.
    it's so much harder to push the Pre home button than the iPhone home button lol, whatever will I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    People are so lame. Why are they so personally offended.
    thats why they are called fanboys, they can not admit the shortcoming of apple in any manner.

Its also possible that they have finical interests. Many people at MR actually holds apple stock.
    So out of the 35k apss in the app store there isnt a spelling or grammar checker?
    Well, I can't say she writes any better than some around these parts here...
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Definitely feeling threatened, no question about that. I really hope this is not the future of English grammar.
    It's not the future of English grammar, unfortunately. It's the present.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I respect the iPhone as well but when people ask me whats so great about the Pre, I don't see any must have features we haven't seen before.

I'm getting the Pre because I'm with Sprint and I was going to either go with a BB or the Pre.

Hopefully Sprint blows us out of the water today because its still hard to fathom throwing down money for a splashy UI but doesn't have any features that I would consider 'must have.' Maybe these 'must have' features haven't even been developed for any phones yet.

I use GMail and synergy will be alright but as far as Facebook, not many people I know are stupid enough to post their phone numbers out in the open like that. Or their area code starts with a '716'.

I'm looking to use the Palm Backup and that is actually something that is very enticing to me.

I'm not looking to start a fight at all so don't bother giving me a hateful reply because I won't respond I'm just looking for reasons to tell myself its the right phone.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast