Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    background processes?? u dont really need it but for the internet and listening to music.. just like it does on the iphone.. y would u need to run your settings or photos in the background? lol yall like the card view?? how u have to push the bottom button and then flick the application up to close it? to much work.. iphone just push the home button.. cant get any easier than that..
    Interestingly...the old Garnet OS used to be the same way! Just tap home and close an app...and of course no multasking... seems like we've been through this whole debate before....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Wow, that kid is to defensive. I think he wants all of that to be true, but he is just trying WAY WAY to hard.

Anyway, why does the pre have to be the iphone killer? there is plenty of room in the market for another smart phone. they will both do well imho.

also, its funny how he says every1 is judging its speed before it has even come out. but then he goes and rips EVERY single aspect of the pre. he contradicts himself numerous times, proving that he is an apple fanboy hypocrite. he needs to stick a cork in it. go get some pussie kid, you'll calm down.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I think the iPhone is a good product. It has done much to move other phone manufacturers forward. That does not mean that it is for everyone. My biggest issue with it has always been the inability to change the battery myself. That just irritates me. That and that it's on AT&T. I, like others, firmly believe there's room for all in the smartphone pool.
    competition is always good for consumers
    @->----
    Palm Treo 755p
    There are plenty of people on this forum and others that blindly defend their products. Both the Iphone and the Pre are excellent devices and anyone that can't see that is a fool. The Iphone has also been out for 2 years, so it has been doing things well for awhile now. We have the pre raising the bar in SOME areas and most of us are excited for that.

Some people act like they are married to their devices.
    The younglings of the 21st century scare me.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
    Well, I'm going to throw in my $.02 here.

I have used the Q and Q9c (which I still own) but I primarily use an Instinct. While I love the phone, it does have its moments of both greatness and weakness. I won't waste anyone's time with the strengths, but I will say that where it failed miserably was the app store. I wanted to be able to have STUFF in my Instinct. Otherwise, it's a nice phone and does everything I want.

So why am I getting a Pre? First of all, I'm an old-school Palm user from way back when US Robotics released the Pilot 1000 and 5000. I had both. I moved up through nearly every PDA version they had but never had one of their smartphones. I never did like the Treos, but the Pre changes everything.

I like the "best of both worlds" of the keyboard, the 3 MP camera, and the snappiness with which the UI moves. I like that Palm is going to have an appstore clone of sorts, and the customization features of the UI (one of the other glaring weaknesses of the Instinct).

Things I don't like include no picture messaging and no hands-free dialing without BT. For those who say this last point is minor is bordering on Pre fanboy territory. I drive 3+ hours a day, and I use my phone a lot. Being able to call someone without looking at my phone is just plain SAFER (yeah, I know, talking on a phone is more dangerous while driving, etc, but as a former traffic accident investigator, I know that talking on the phone while driving is as much a distraction while holding up the phone to your head as it is using a BT headset).

I have spoken with more than a few iPhone fan and when they ask me when I'm going to "get with the system" and trade in my Instinct for an iPhone and I tell them I'm getting a Pre, they all seem to squirm a little. It's as if they know that there's something coming that really can give their precious gadgets a run for the money. I never quite understood why people get so defensive about toys and gadgets, but I guess that's just the way some people are. Personally, I want to get the phone that works best for me and my situation. I have a family plan on Sprint and we pay a lot less than we would if we were with AT&T. We have four Instincts and a Q9c. On June 6th, I hope to make that four Instincts and a Pre (mine).

(Completely OT) As for the original post, I weep for the English language. The posted text is what many kids write like these days. We never wrote like that when I was a kid (and I'm 41), and it would never be acceptable. Heck, even the notes I was handed in the hallway by friends were never that poorly written! My current profession writing, and while I'm not 100% proficient in every nuance of my primary language (or my second language), I do make every attempt to be correct in punctuation, grammar, and spelling. It seems as if many young people these days eschew these "old-time concerns" and just make it up as they go along. Sad. I know not all young people do this, but when I do see it, it definitely stands out.

I don't mean to start any flamewars or cause any bad feelings here, but I just wanted to post where I am coming from, what I've heard from some ifanboys, and a little something extra.
    I believe the Palm pre does have picture mail, but I believe it is not done through sprint's picture mail service, because I know the pre does have mms, so you should be able to send and receive pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    This is something that we can admire about Apple. They really do know how to turn their followers into raving fans, cult like to be exact.
    Define irony: Making this quote on a Pre forum in a thread titled "iPhone Fanboys are Worried: Read this... it's funny..."
    If you're looking for a good anti-iPhone rant, this classic web page still takes the cake!

The iPhone is a piece of ****, and so is your face.

He's a Nokia fanboy and unapologetic about it. He's just so over the top you can't help but laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    If you're looking for a good anti-iPhone rant, this classic web page still takes the cake!

He's a Nokia fanboy and unapologetic about it. He's just so over the top you can't help but laugh.
    Bookmarked! Thank You so much for this. That is a good laugh if your having a bad day.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

hahahahahah... oh my gosh. That was an incredible review. hahaha. Gotta show this to my cousin. He's an iphone user, but I'm sure he'd find it amusing too.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I'd get a Nokia if it weren't for the unfortunate fact that many of the applications that I want/need will never be developed for their OS. They are great phones and that guy's iPhone review is probably the response people would have had to phone if it were not release by Apple.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    HA! That made my night - thanks!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Yeah lotsa that talk goes on in iPhone forums, but that kind of obsessive annoying talk is everywhere on the net. I am an admitted iPhone fanatic but that nice thread created by that d94 guy has me thinking I just may jump ship. Im kinda scared of the Sprint experience due to all the hoopla and blah blah on the net about them but I hate Verizon and AT&T is just not up to snuff in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Hey... my area code starts with 716.... I'm originally from Buffalo!!
    I actually live in Buffalo but in my post I meant to put "area code starting with '911'"
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I'm pretty sure that Maddox post was EXTREMELY sarcastic.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123