Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Well, first I guess I should say I currently own a Blackberry Storm. Its a decent phone, it has its pros and cons, but overall I love cell phones and I'm thinking of switching to either the Iphone or Pre. My Birthday is in July so nothing will happen till then, but I can promise I will look very hard at the new Iphone vs the Pre.

At the moment, I use my phone for mostly, HEAVY texting, Facebook, I watch videos (no music), browse the net for random stuff. This Storm does all of this fine, but for my to specially go to Verizon for this phone I feel kinda blag about the whole thing. I also am paying around 90 a month for my bill.

My question is, should I even look at the Pre? What target/audience is this phone trying to hit? It looks SICK and I am really looking forward to playing with the phone when I get the chance. I would also consider an Android phone, but Tmobile has no 3g in Cincinnati so theres no point IMO. I am not anti Apple, but every apple product I have ever owned has been meh, and really I like the fact the Pre has a physical keyboard, which is a big help for heavy texting.

Does Sprint give you the 30 day free trial like Verizon? ok thanks for reading
    After I read what you do on on your phone(Texting, Facebook), the Pre was made for you.
    In my opinion, texting on the Pre would be quicker(depends on how big your hands are) since it has an physical keyboard.
    The Pre was aimed at the "Prosumer", the middle between Consumers and Professionals (thats what Palm said).
    I don't know about the 30-day trial.
    Agreed on Soorma's comments.

Also, as a fellow Cincinnatian, I can tell you that Sprint coverage in the region is superb.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I spoke to a Sprint associate last week and they do give you a 30 day free trial.
    From reading the bunches of stories here and there, the Pre looks at the consumer market and light business use. Extensive business related use looks more the BB and Windows route. I will look, but really do not believe I will go with it. The Touch Pro 2 looks like it will suit my needs a bit better.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    After Verizon coming out and saying they will most likely get the Pre in 6 months. Should I just say screw it and wait? Or should I just take it as blah and still move ahead and buy the Pre on sprint? I love the Verizon network, but their phone selection is terrible.
    I would get it on Sprint. A lot of times Verizon does a good job of messing up phones by putting their own interface on it. Sprint will probably be cheaper depending on what plan you currently have with Verizon and you will get more features like Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevink View Post
    After Verizon coming out and saying they will most likely get the Pre in 6 months. Should I just say screw it and wait? Or should I just take it as blah and still move ahead and buy the Pre on sprint? I love the Verizon network, but their phone selection is terrible.
    If you wait for the Verizon version, you can keep your good network and let the Sprint users work out the (inevitable) bugs that will come with a wholly new phone like the Pre. Six months should be just long enough to get a couple of updates out to the community.
    As a Sprint user, can you roam on Verizon? My concern is the coverage. I know Sprint does not have native coverge in real areas that Verizon does cover well.
    I'm currently in AT&T with the iPhone and I'll probably just wait until Pre comes to AT&T. But if I can roam on to Verizon from Sprint, that makes a big difference.

Ultimately I think I'm going to stick with iPhone and AT&T (which i currently prefer) for now and get an unlocked GSM Pre from Palm (I hope they release one) then have both for a time until one wins me over. Of course by then I should already know enough about the Pre as it's 6-9 months away.
    It will be tempting to get the new iPhone this summer. I think his will be an expensive year for me.
    Last edited by taylorh; 06/01/2009 at 03:33 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    As a Sprint user, can you roam on Verizon? My concern is the coverage. I know Sprint does not have native coverge in real areas that Verizon does cover well.
    I'm currently in AT&T with the iPhone and I'll probably just wait until Pre comes to AT&T. But if I can roam on to Verizon from Sprint, that makes a big difference.
    Sprint users can roam on Verizon, but it's on a market-by-market basis. One of the frustrations I have with Sprint roaming is that you'll often drop a Sprint call right in the heart of a strong Verizon region because of the way Sprint's phones are programmed to stay with Sprint until the signal is lost.