Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    saw this review on the bestbuy page for the pre, supposedly from an iPhone user who's had a chance with the pre for 2 weeks..

Pre is OK, iPhone still years ahead 05/21/2009
    By Lindz80 from Boston, MA Read all my reviews Read all my reviews

What's great about it: Size, Software Integration, Sprint Network
    What's not so great: Freezes Randomly, Battery Life, Speakers Quiet, Web it VERY jumpy,

"I've been reviewing the Palm Pre now for 2 weeks. It has it's great traits but, I have been an iPhone owner for almost 2 years now and I WILL NOT make the switch. Apple's iPhone dominates in battery life while use similar features (web, calls, and e-mail.) Palm's Pre does one thing really well - bring your personal and business life together as one. If that is all you need in a phone, then the Pre is for you. However, if you are looking to actually use it for power (any gaming, movie watching, prolonged music listening, or prolonged web use), this IS NOT the phone for you. I would recommend this phone to people that need it mainly as a phone but want occasional email and web access. The keyboard is nice but, I've gotten so much faster on the iPhone's keyboard that now I type twice as fast on the iPhone! Other than those tidbits, everything seemed to be OK. Like I said, web was jumpy at times, random crashes are definitely frustrating but...hopefully Palm will come through with an update that fixes these items. Sprint service was excellent!"
    Sprint - Palm Pre Cell Phone - Black - LX370

don't know about the claim that the iPhone is years ahead..a little biased review..but he did say sprint service was excellent
    Honestly, sounds like BS to me.
    Totally Rubbish. Nobody (public sector) has had the Pre for 2 weeks.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    totally the opposite of what the other 2 reviewers say, at the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Totally Rubbish. Nobody (public sector) has had the Pre for 2 weeks.
    How true ... totally calling BS on this one!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I sometimes believe Apple pays thes people by the word. On the other hand I imagine that the review is similar to what many iPhone users will say.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    She probably doesn't have a Pre. I wish a marketing firm would hire me to spread lies on the internet...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Blind fanboy, fangirl, whatever!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreActive View Post
    totally the opposite of what the other 2 reviewers say, at the site
    You really can't call those other two "reviews" reviews. Those guys just raved about something they probably never got to touch.

Not too sure about the first reviewer though.
    Maybe someone can "write" their own review???
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's pretty funny actually... anyone that has ever used an iPhone will know how terrible the email experience is. One signature... ONE FOR ALL ACCOUNTS!!!

I have eight email accounts I send email from DAILY and it drove me nuts. Oh... you want to send an attachment? Sorry... can't do that....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Believing a review on the Bestbuy website is like believing a review on Amazon's website.
    BS
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Maybe someone can "write" their own review???
    A couple of more weeks and this site will be filled with real reviews...
    Can we stop believing everything people post on the internet?

We really believe someone who was allowed the phone for 2 weeks now is able to talk about it publicly?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Whether or not the review is authentic vs. whether or not you like what it says are two different things. It certainly doesn't sound fake to me. Like any other online product review, you never know why someone had that response. However, it certainly doesn't sound made up.
    And that would be the whole point, right?
  17. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Whether or not the review is authentic vs. whether or not you like what it says are two different things. It certainly doesn't sound fake to me. Like any other online product review, you never know why someone had that response. However, it certainly doesn't sound made up.
    Worry not, friend. These forums are accepting of the mentally challenged. You can feel comfortable here
    palm is only giving pre to official reviewers, not random girls on the internet :P
    I also find it kinda funny that whenever someone tries to bring the pre down it always includes the iPhone for some unknown reason. Somebody could be like "the pre, although good on-- oh my god but it's on sprint and and that phone is bad because of it and you should get the iPhone-- and 35k apps".

Am I rite or what?
    This got far too much attention by having a thread made about it.
    I bet the review was actually written by a fellow Pre fanatic, who is trying to steer clueless people in the wrong direction so that they (the reviewer) can attempt to get their hands on one of the 4 devices that may be available at their local BB come 06/06!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast