Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Engaget just posted up some new leaked details on the upcoming iphone: Next iPhone to launch July 17 with OLED display and glowing Apple logo?

The new details are a OLED screen and the "apple logo" on the back of the phone.

Personally, I think the OLED screen would be awesome, however is it enough to sway me away from the Pre? I don't think so. It is nice that they'll have a 32 gb option, it'll make that 8gb pre space seem even more tiny.

Unless apple manages to really introduce something groundbreaking, I'm still going for the Pre for sure mainly because of WebOS/synergy.

I have the option to switch whenever because I'm out of contract right now, and I really just want the best that's out there!
    Glowing apple Logo?!

You just sunk Palm's battleship.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    yeah i think if thats the new iphone the pre will have nothing to worry about competing against it.

the oled screen will be a nice upgrade as will the processor/ram upgrades but will be limited by its os (which is what the pre has always had over the iphone... assuming webos doesnt suck in the real world)
    I think all of that is believable except for the OLED screen (and the associated jump in battery life) myself.
    Doesn't OLED drain more power? (I may be wrong, I read that somewhere though)
    Follow Me On

Another site thinks that lighted logo may double as a flash.

Anyway, the 3rd gen. iPhone is basically vaporware at this point. I'm still hoping for the improved screen and storage bump mainly.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Glowing apple Logo!

Apple is the king of gimmicks.
    Big Positives:
    OLED screen
    1.5 times the battery life of the current models
    Double the RAM and processing power

Huge Negative:
    Apple logo on back will glow

The last thing I want is for my phone to glow. Are you kidding? This has to be a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    No, OLED uses much less power.
    OLED is great and will likely improve on the Pre's display. Glowing Apple...don't care. That's more a branding thing for label-conscious folks. CPU and RAM doubling--huge deal. When I upgraded from Mogul to Touch Pro the additional speed made a huge and obvious difference. Hopefully this hardware race keeps up because we will all benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I thought I heard the opposite. It's just more expensive. Not positive though.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Another site thinks that lighted logo may double as a flash.
    It would be a nice touch: if you get your picture taken with the iPhone 3.0 you'll have apples burned into your corneas for a few seconds. How's that for subliminal advertising? Maaaassssterrrr....
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    OLED's are also impossible to see in direct sunlight.
    Samsung released an AMOLED screen phone and it's an excellent display. Maybe not in sunlight though, LOL! But the display is marvelous IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Glowing apple Logo?!

You just sunk Palm's battleship.
    Oh yeah??? well.. well... the Pre has a pulsating Palm logo on the back!

Ok, I made that bit up but how cool would that be?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, OLED uses much less power.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    I thought I heard the opposite. It's just more expensive. Not positive though.
    Yea, I knew I might have been wrong. I get confused with the ever changing technologies.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    when it gets released of course the the specs are better than the CURRENT Pre

32gb
    faster proc and more memory
    OLED

BUT, when is it going to be released?
    I'm looking for a storage bump, better camera and a faster processor and more RAM. It BADLY needs more RAM.
    July 17th is the rumor now posted. But there's also a September rumor.

Still doesn't have webOS, has walled garden, has sucky AT&T, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast