Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    July 17th is the rumor now posted. But there's also a September rumor.
    If new iphone hardware comes out July 17th with the specs stated in this thread, I don't think the pre can compete with 32gb and oled unless there is some other killer feature of the Pre we don't know yet such as:

Some type of 4g in some bigger markets
    it does have microsd under the battery cover

Don't get me wrong, I hate the locked down nature of apple sh*t so I will not own one, but in general, this will beat the Pre
    To me I feel Palm is playing out the Pre how Apple plays out it's computers. I mean this in that the Pre's specs are good but might not be the most powerful. It's about the experience you get out of the operating system. If the iPhone gets all those new upgrades, that's great but it still won't have the multi-tasking card experience of the WebOS. The only upgrade I see that's good for Apple but bad for the Pre is if it's $199 for a 16GB iPhone and $299 for 32GB compared to $199 ($299 before MIR) for the Pre.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 05/19/2009 at 02:53 PM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    I seriously don't know what all the secrecy was for if there is no surprise killer feature on the Pre.

You have a point, quipper8. If the rumor is true that 16GB and 32GB are the new storage at the same prices, there may be a problem when people see the 8GB Pre at $300, then you have to do a dumb rebate.
    I don't know if mainstream people would get excited over an OLED screen but the storage thing would make them jump I'd bet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I seriously don't know what all the secrecy was for if there is no surprise killer feature on the Pre.
    Yeah I'm hoping that they show off some new great apps for some more hype. Either that or somehow their advertising has got to show off the cards really well and point out how different and easy the UI is compared to old "open and close" UIs.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12