I'm not an iPhone fan, but I never expected the new iPhone to release in June. I only expected Apple to reveal the new one and release it a month or 2 later.

Edit: Or maybe this is a trick Apple is playing with the media. Have rumors leak that they will have a separate event in late June for the iPhone stuff. But they would actually reveal it at WWDC as a "Oh yea, and one more thing..."
    Follow Me On

Apple may be back to the design room to add some synergy features.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    It's not set in stone, it's them guessing.... but what they are saying sort of makes sense. If Apple really will launch a whole family of the iPhone, then it might be better to have an event dedicated to it vs. sharing the lime light with the rest of Apples offerings.

Should be interesting to see what happens. Who knows if Sprint/Palm knew/know about the absence of a new iPhone announcement on June 8. For people that don't know that there possibly won't be a new iPhone announced on the 8th, the disappointment might be big enough for them to just switch to the Pre. Then again, fanbois will stay fanbois, so if anything, the only people that would jump ship are the ones that bought the original phone, aren't all that happy with it, and whose contract is up.

These sure are exciting times!
    What a shock, Apple is going to keep doing what is has been doing for decades. Small incremental changes to their closed platforms on their own schedule regardless of what else is going on in the market.

Anyone that remembers history will also realize that this is what ultimately led to their demise in the OS / desktop area. They once held a huge advantage over DOS / Windows 3.1 and their closed, much more expensive systems with small incremental upgrades on Apples desired schedule cost them dearly. All the while PC components where allowed to be manufactured by anyone and everyone with windows / dos allowing greater penetration, adoption and cheaper prices.

History will repeat itself. The Iphone is king for now but eventually will be dethroned by its own creators.
    It doesn't affect Palm or Sprint one way or the other. The Pre actually being released with real hands-on reviews is going to be big news whether that happens May 19 or May 24 or June 7 or even June 29.

Palm and Sprint clearly weren't sweating iPhone 3.0 rumors and announcements before, and this is obviously no reason for them to start now. I never did understand why people here or elsewhere quaked in their boots at the spectre of yet another iPhone.
    interesting thought...
    Apple has never been forthcoming with announcements before major events or product launches - in fact, quite the opposite, they choose instead to outright lie. Who is going to be at WWDC and what is announced is as ambiguous as the Pre's release date.

Though there is one very valid theory - if there is news of new iPhone launch later this summer, it makes every bit of sense to put it off so that Jobs himself can announce on a later stage.
    i'm rooting for Apple and Steve Jobs. competition is good.
    Just think of the press surge that Apple would get if they pulled a sort of bait-and-switch and had Jobs stroll onto the stage with the new iphone?

Don't know if that would totally overshadow the Pre release, but it would certainly be a huge black cloud...

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Exactly - hence my caution not to believe anything Apple says prior to a conference.
    Am i the only one who could care less if Jobs retired altogether? I wouldn't even know it if i ran into him.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Am i the only one who could care less if Jobs retired altogether? I wouldn't even know it if i ran into him.
    No, you're not. When I clicked on the link, I didn't even know that was him.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'm rooting for Apple and Steve Jobs. competition is good.
    well said.

in a vote of nationalism ... as long as its Apple beating off the likes of other American companies for market dominance, "i"like.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Exactly - hence my caution not to believe anything Apple says prior to a conference.
    Yup. Let's not forget how Apple announced this year's WWDC:

"'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I'm not an iPhone fan, but I never expected the new iPhone to release in June. I only expected Apple to reveal the new one and release it a month or 2 later.

Edit: Or maybe this is a trick Apple is playing with the media. Have rumors leak that they will have a separate event in late June for the iPhone stuff. But they would actually reveal it at WWDC as a "Oh yea, and one more thing..."
    It is supposed to be announced In June, Released July 7th like the prior 2 iPhones have..
    this bodes well for the June 7th release of the Pre... if it's true they won't anounce anything iPhone related.