Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Unsure how many votes were cast, its hard to say what scale was used to gauge 'immense', but still impressive news:

An immense 83% of you said you wanted a Palm Pre over the new iPhone or Zune HD, going against analyst predictions. Just 12% said they preferred the new iPhone, while a measly 5% wanted Microsoft’s Zune HD above all else.
    Results: Palm Pre beats the new iPhone! | Electricpig.co.uk
  2.    #2  
    Also, to be fair to Microsoft, I have no clue why the Zune HD was thrown in with two smartphones. Its kind of like asking whether you'll buy a BMW, a Mercedes or a Subway turkey sandwich.
    LOL jcunwired!
    MOST scientific survey ever conducted!!!
    A vaporware poll, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I missed what the actual numbers were - not the %'s, but the counts. I'd be interested in that. If it was 200-300, I'd figure that maybe some Palm forums picked up on the poll, and that skewed the numbers. If it was 2000-3000, that would be much better. If the numbers were 20,000-30,000, I'd say Apple might be in for a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Also, to be fair to Microsoft, I have no clue why the Zune HD was thrown in with two smartphones. Its kind of like asking whether you'll buy a BMW, a Mercedes or a Subway turkey sandwich.
    I'd take the sandwich.... lol
    I don't know why these threads and polls are necessary... The Pre will always beat the iPhone. Don't even try to argue because you know deep down it is true .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    I'd take the sandwich.... lol
    Actually MS might come up with a very interesting device which might be competitive to the iphone and the Pre. Just keep your ears and eyes open. I'm looking forward to their announcements, they will tell us more about that Zune very soon!
    The more good and advanced smartphones, the better
  10.    #10  
    My guess is that anything Microsoft develops for smartphone world will run Windows Mobile OS. While no expert, WebOS beats it hands down. Competition is good, but don't expect innovation to come from Microsoft - they've been lacking in this department since the early '90s.
    Last edited by jcunwired; 05/13/2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Oops, early 90s, not 80s.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I missed what the actual numbers were - not the %'s, but the counts. I'd be interested in that. If it was 200-300, I'd figure that maybe some Palm forums picked up on the poll, and that skewed the numbers. If it was 2000-3000, that would be much better. If the numbers were 20,000-30,000, I'd say Apple might be in for a ride.
    "Hi Don: We don’t include figures as they add very little to the overall understanding, since polls like this are based on ratio. Look at any mainstream poll and you’ll see the same thing. However, I can tell you that well over a thousand people voted."

To be fair it's a UK site, and I'm sure they aren't really happy with iPhone's AT&T influences. Other than that I know nothing of their readership, never heard of them before.

I read about the theoretical Zune-phone on theregister.co.uk; it sounds about the same as Pre/iPhone/Touch Pro, but given the name it will undoubtedly be targeted to a lower market than WM (the market "WM Smartphone" died in). This is the same market the Pre targets, supposedly - above the iPhone and below WM. MS could take from their xbox experience, though, so it might be an interesting device.

From what I gather iPhones are largely field-upgradeable except for a few nits, so it may just be that iPhone users aren't interested in buying something new yet. Maybe 8GB is enough after all?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
  14.    #14  
    There are discussions already in these forums on this survey.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    4G?
    *sigh* That's the problem with calling the second gen iPhone the 3G when we call all iPods by the XG(eneration). Apple has screwed up the numbering system, and for some reason people don't seem to be able to remember their second generation iPhone and thing Apple's moving on to their fourth generation.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  16.    #16  
    Yep. The problem happened when the second generation iPhone was developed to take advantage of 3G network, so instead of calling it iPhone 2.0 it inherited the name 3G. You know those Apple fanboys, its difficult for them to grasp more than one concept at a time
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Its not using 4G service, and its not the 4th generation of the phone. That's messed up.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    There are discussions already in these forums on this survey.
    I missed that. Can you give me a link?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    they really need a proofreader at that website the grammar is way off on some sentences, was it translated over from another language
    You know those Apple fanboys, its difficult for them to grasp more than one concept at a time
    LOL, oh give them a break, they try...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast