Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    For those of us waiting for the Pre to come out, we are hoping that the bugs at launch will be minimal or non-existent so that it can compete well with the new iPhone coming out shortly thereafter. So what I want to know is what type of bugs came with the release of the iPhone 1.0? How long before it was corrected?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    ...what type of bugs came with the release of the iPhone 1.0? How long before it was corrected?
    Well it took a couple of years to "fix" the Cut/Copy/Paste "bug".
    Safari kept crashing. I think it took them something like... uh... oh. It still crashes all the time. Never mind.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    The bugs were mainly on the 3G from what I remember. Caused by an incomplete or unprepared AT&T 3G network (this is true on my end because other phones died on the network at one time), but there were also statements that Apple used an inferior 3G chip.

Sprint claims a strong network and hopefully Palm didn't cut corners on the chip.

I've gotten booted out of Safari but I think that has something to do with the site. It happens more on Cydia than any other site.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!