Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I live with my Centro as I have lived with all my Palms be it a pda or a phone for the past 13yrs. Email, web, contact management, scheduling, documents, pdfs, technique vids and so on. Being in sales my phone is pretty much an extension of my left arm. That being said, I could make due with quite a few different smartphones as there are many that are capable. The GUI, ease of use and such is what really develops preference. So as I said, it is just a phone, and I'm sure I could manipulate many of them to do what I want and be happy for the most part. And I know for a fact I wouldn't be happy with an iphone. There's no Agendus, and the iphone PIM isn't robust enough to do the job. I've played with those apps enough to know. But, different strokes for different folks. It's why we have options. And the pleasure aspect of it; music, games, and youtube are completely secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz View Post
    Oh, but actually, no. I've used a Treo, Nokia and iPhone as laptop replacements many times. I've gone weeks without touching a laptop on trips by using a Smartphone for just about everything. I always "managed" on the Treo. Was unhappy with the Nokia, and didn't even miss the Macbook with the iPhone. Email, calendaring, chat, browsing, fixing servers, etc. So, as I said before, maybe I'm not a typical phone user, but it has to do more than just make calls and let me listen to music or watch YouTube!

Danita
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Pocket Informant and ABContacts solved my contacts and calender problem on the iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    does it have an appointment history for contacts? Was rummaging through their website but couldn't find info. I need to link appointments to specific contacts and be able to view their history so I can see over the past so many years I made so many calls and appointments, dinners, conferences and surgeries with a specific doc. Also if you have events involving multiple contacts, they can be added to the appt as well so it will show up in their histories. Kind of a specific thing, but it was the main selling point for me on Agendus.

I'm hoping the Synergistic side of the Pre will take care of the contact history thing and possibly the multiple attendee capability, but I might be aiming too high. :shrug:

Even if PI did that, I'd still never buy an iphone for a few reasons.
    1. Married to Sprint for better or worse (and I haven't really seen worse over the last 6yrs)
    2. itunes. couldn't pay me to use it.
    3. No user replaceable battery, and I won't use a contraption to "emergency charge". Inconvenient while actually using the phone, and it just looks dumb and bulky. Palm Centro batteries are under $10 a pop. So easy to keep charged spares around.
    4. Like the smaller footprint of the Pre, but then again, I still miss my i500
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345