Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Uh... AT&T's unlimited voice+data plan is $130, plus unlimited messaging for $20 still only gets us to $150...
    I had unlimited all at one time. It was like 172 including taxes. Just voice, text, and data unlimited.

Had to cut back on that before wife saw..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I had unlimited all at one time. It was like 172 including taxes. Just voice, text, and data unlimited.

Buh...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright

This guy lives in Chicago, so I am sure he pays a few more dollars in tax.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I really hope this is true. Competition is good for us, bad for the companies!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts

unbelievable
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I think he was saying his friend lives in Chicago, not cardfan

That's funny!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Sorry, I don't see $10 making much of a difference. Unlimited talk $99 = Data $30. That's $130 without texting or any other goodies. So if they take off $10, it's still $20 dollars more than Sprint, and offering less.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Sorry, I don't see $10 making much of a difference. Unlimited talk $99 = Data $30. That's $130 without texting or any other goodies. So if they take off $10, it's still $20 dollars more than Sprint, and offering less.
    On this plan I agree - but for those looking at a minimum plan for entry into the iPhone game, $10 will make a difference.
    I don't see them doing this but you never know. With all the subs they have been raking in, all on long contracts they have absolutely no reason to drop the price $10 a month right now.

Sure IF the Pre and other WebOS phones started to hit their bottom line they might look into it but my guess is AT&T would rather keep their profit margin and look at giving Apple a larger slice of the pie to keep the Iphone exclusive a bit longer.

Also with other WebOS phones hitting GSM carriers and CDMA alike the Pre should provide Sprint a nice shot in the arm but it isn't going to be a permanent one since there will be plenty of WebOS phones floating around on other carriers.

So why give away the farm for a few months due to a competitor having a phone exclusive when you have a competitor to that exact phone that is pretty close in sex appeal already in testing on your network that will release in 4 months or so?
    A "strong possibility" exists that AT&T will lower the cost of its base-level iPhone plan, according to Cote Collaborative's Michael Cote. The analyst cites evidence such as disappointing iPhone 3G sales through Walmart, which typically markets to poor or middle-class demographics that may not be able to justify the $69 monthly minimum for an iPhone, on top of a one-time $197 hardware cost. Once completed, the two-year AT&T contract alone costs approximately $1,880.
    MacNN | AT&T considering $10 drop in iPhone plans?

While Sprint and Palm are not mentioned, you have to wonder how much influence they have over Apple and AT&T strategies now and going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    MacNN | AT&T considering $10 drop in iPhone plans?

While Sprint and Palm are not mentioned, you have to wonder how much influence they have over Apple and AT&T strategies now and going forward.
    you can be assured that apple and AT&T are following the Pre very closely. For the last 2 years AT&T and apple have had a free ride. They had a desired and at least superficially superior phone, but now they have to go back to work on pulling customers in the old fashion way! People will quickly see that the Pre is just as good, if not better than the iphone and Sprint service is cheaper. AT&T will have to show their customers that they're getting some kind of increased value over sprint, and at their current rates, there's no way they could possibly justify that.
    If that's true, it gives current AT&T iPhone customers reason to stay.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    A rumor (but that's what this board is about, right? ):
    AT&T to discount iPhone service plan?
    That $10/mo could make a difference for some considering the jump - or could certainly open the iPhone up to more potiential customers, IMO.
    Sprint is under price pressure too it is very likely they will have to drop prices in the summer. ATT is gaining customers and Sprint has been losing them especially contract customers. The market analysts expect some serious competition on price to kick in this summer and Sprint will have to lower its prices as well
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    This guy lives in Chicago, so I am sure he pays a few more dollars in tax.
    Yes we certainly get jacked around when it comes to add-on taxes, taxes period actually.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    you can be assured that apple and AT&T are following the Pre very closely. For the last 2 years AT&T and apple have had a free ride. They had a desired and at least superficially superior phone, but now they have to go back to work on pulling customers in the old fashion way! People will quickly see that the Pre is just as good, if not better than the iphone and Sprint service is cheaper. AT&T will have to show their customers that they're getting some kind of increased value over sprint, and at their current rates, there's no way they could possibly justify that.
    Had a free ride? How bout all the Blackberry, and Windows Mobile, and other Palm device that were released in this time frame?
    This is from the Mac Forums..

AT&T Working On “Everything Plan” Tethering Included | MacBlogz - One Stop Apple News

"AT&T Working On “Everything Plan” Tethering Included
    Posted by Aviv on May 6, 2009 at 6:21 pm PST

I’ve recently heard that AT&T has plans to release an “everything plan” to combat Sprint’s efforts with the Palm Pre. They are hoping to have details hashed out before the Pre is released. But from pricing plans all the way down to data usage, I get the feeling that things are still pretty disorganized over there.

Here’s what I was able to get:

• AT&T is working on an “everything plan” to directly compete with Sprint’s offerings
    • Tethering should be a predominant feature and be included in this
    • Can’t release it before iPhone 3.0
    • Can’t release it without new plans (as previously explained)
    • Once this is released, tethering will be an optional add-on for most AT&T subscribers
    • Data caps still a major concern

When we first started hearing about iPhone tethering, we were a little shocked by the lack of an unlimited plan. Especially for potential power users and extensive travelers. Seems like they are trying to address this, plug any holes and have an answer for all competition from any and every angle. "
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I personally don't need tethering but I would like an all-in-one(calls, text, data) unlimited plan at a reasonable price. Text and data are always extras on AT&T so I never even bothered with the unlimited call plans because I'd be paying way over $100 too.

hmmmmmmmmmmm........

Sprint = $99
    vzw = $150
    att = $150 - $10?

x taxes + fees

i think i'll stick with Sprint and keep saving/investing the difference every month. the rich get richer.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I am not sure what all you get in the IPhone package, but $180 a month for a single phone is really high.
    Anus meet fist. Fist, Anus.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast