1.    #1  
    Well I wanted to switch to the iphone in January but waited to see if there will be new things coming and on Jan 8th I found out about the Pre and have been waiting since, but at this point I'm just sick of waiting and I'm trully thinking just going and getting the iphone. How do you guys feel and what do you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Well I wanted to switch to the iphone in January but waited to see if there will be new things coming and on Jan 8th I found out about the Pre and have been waiting since, but at this point I'm just sick of waiting and I'm trully thinking just going and getting the iphone. How do you guys feel and what do you think.
    Even if you wanted an iPhone, I would wait another month because Apple will be announcing a new model. Then you can compare it to the Pre.
    To get the same plan that I have on Sprint it would cost me $90 a month. Thats reason enough for me.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Seriously?

No offense it would be pretty dumb to do that for two reasons. You are letting your impatience force you to purchase something? Do you have no self restraint or just trying to voice how you feel on the internet but plan on not doing it?

Second reason....but Apple and Palm are going to be releasing a new phone by June (most likely) you would be behind the curve on by the next iPhone as well as the Palm Pre. Buying an iPhone now, unless you really don't care about what improvements they bring to it is just silly to be perfectly honest
    I think you should wait. At the very least, for the new iPhone. And to get the full scoop on the Pre right about the same time.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    yea really we've waited long enough and I know it's hard but there's not much time left to wait. you dont want to regret your decision for 2 yrs.
  7.    #7  
    Ya I'm just fed up with Palm/Sprint with absolutelly no information, as far as we know they could delay it and it could be August or something.
    I know it's hard, buddy, but wait up. The only reason I'm not still rocking my Centro is that it was destroyed, and Sprint offered me enough credits to where they essentially paid me to get an Instinct S30.

You're going to find out a lot about Apple and Palm's next devices in the next 30 days. Revisit this decision around June 8, and you'll be glad you waited.
    They never varied from "first half of 2009" so I don't think there's reason to suspect a delay into August.
    Ya I'm just fed up with Palm/Sprint with absolutelly no information, as far as we know they could delay it and it could be August or something.
    Patience, grasshopper, patience.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    They never varied from "first half of 2009" so I don't think there's reason to suspect a delay into August.
    I know but I have owned like 8 palm devices and plenty of time their stuff got deleyed in the last minute, that the TREO Pro for an example.
    I know but I have owned like 8 palm devices and plenty of time their stuff got deleyed in the last minute, that the TREO Pro for an example.
    OK, but still - why buy a 3G iPhone now when the new one will be out in about 60 days (will probably ship in July after the June announcement)? And also, make sure ATT works for you. I tried the iPhone twice earlier this year (yep, twice, shame on me) and both times ATT's coverage was awful compared to my Sprint service - and I am talking about Austin, Dallas & Houston. Now, I believe the move to upgrade the towers to the higher bandwidth will help, but I would still test it before you buy.

OK, maybe you go ahead and get one and test it under the 30-day trial plan - it will cost you whatever part of the plan you used, $36 activation fee (which I had waived) and a 10% restocking fee (Apple's policy).
    When you go to AT&T store, tell them to give you mine for free.
    Don't do it! I cannot wait to get rid of my iphone 3g.
    I love the Apps don't get me wrong but it is a terrible phone, terrible communication device. I am going to pay early termination and go back to my 755p until the pre comes out. Have a G1 also, don't like it either.
    And has Apple given you any more information about when their next iPhone will be available? Didn't think so.

You'll know what the features of the Pre are, and the release date, in plenty of time to buy one. Anything before that doesn't really matter, does it? Seriously, if you knew all the details about the phone now, but couldn't buy it until June, would that knowledge really make much difference?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.