1.    #1  
    I have finally gotten through to my wife that she may find a PDA useful. I have even offered to buy her one or give her my Prism. Either way, I am thinking of upgrading to the Clie710.

My concern is how a Visor and a Clie will coexist on one PC. Would I need two versions of the Palm Desktop? I know HandSpring's version of the Palm Desktop is somewhat different than Palm's. Is Sony's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Visor Deluxe, Plat, Edge, and Prism all coexist happily with Clie S300 and N710C on my work and home systems.
    Originally posted by bradhaak
    Visor Deluxe, Plat, Edge, and Prism all coexist happily with Clie S300 and N710C on my work and home systems.
    I second that remark. I have a Prism and a 710 conected to a pc and they both sync fine.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  4.    #4  
    Do you run more than one version of the Palm Desktop? Perhaps one for the Sony and one for the HandSpring's?

Thanks for the info.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Nope, use the same desktop. v4.01 is your friend.

Install the Sony desktop to get the USB redirector running. Then turn off the redirector (it's an icon in the tray). Next, install the HandSpring 4.01 desktop. Reboot your computer and you are in business.

Install the Sony desktop to get the USB redirector running. Then turn off the redirector (it's an icon in the tray). Next, install the HandSpring 4.01 desktop. Reboot your computer and you are in business.
    Ditto
    -Mikedemo
  7.    #7  
    Thank you gentlemen.

Now get this...

I have a Prism that I purchased from BestBuy. In addition, I got the 3 Year Service Plan. I offered to give the Prism to my wife and I was going to buy the Clie. I even offered to trade it in on a brand new Prism, since I dropped it and they will exchange it. Instead, she ordered a Visor Deluxe, because she likes the Green!!

Now I am going to Exchange my Prism for the Clie710. I have been holding off on this, since I had some modules and the Stowaway. Now, since my wife is getting a Visor, she can use all the Modules and the Stowaway.

Oh well, I just cannot understand wanting to spend 170.00USD for a Deluxe when she could have had a Brand New Prism for free!!
    Tell her to take the prism? Why would she want the deluxe which is slower and black and white?
    -Mikedemo
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Tell her to take the prism? Why would she want the deluxe which is slower and black and white?
    I have no idea. That is precisely what I keep telling her. I get the impression that she feels it would not be "hers". Whatever. I am headed over to BestBuy today, if they have the Clie710, I am exchanging my Prism.

I still cannot believe she would rather have the Green Deluxe over a Color Prism!
    Originally posted by GSR13
    . . . I still cannot believe she would rather have the Green Deluxe over a Color Prism!
    Me too.

I gave my Prism to my fiancee who previously owned a Deluxe and loves it. And theres no issue about it not being hers. I would tell her to truly reconsider. she could spend the money on a Springboard module.
    -Mikedemo
  11.    #11  

Me too.

I gave my Prism to my fiancee who previously owned a Deluxe and loves it. And theres no issue about it not being hers. I would tell her to truly reconsider. she could spend the money on a Springboard module.
    My wife is not really a technical person. She does not really like Computers or anything related to them. She uses them strictly as a tool, and even then she does not like it. She basically just wants to store phone numbers and put information into the DateBook.

I am going to give her my modules, but I doubt she will ever use them. She might use the EyeModule. I will however use my Backup Module on it. At least that way when the batteries go dead she will have an easy way to restore.

I am keeping my MemPlug and all the data on it, in case HandSpring releases a device that would cause me to switch back.

I cannot really complain too much. Now I only have to spend $50.00 to get the Clie, instead of $500.00.

I guess it is probably best that she gets the Deluxe. At least if she does not use it, it is only $180.00 gone.

I guess my geek mentality prevents me from understanding how anyone could use a B&W device when they could have a color one free.
  12.    #12  

I am really hoping that you can help me out. I have followed these directions to the best of my ability, and still cannot get both PDA's working.

Here is what I have:

Sony Clie PEG-N760C
    Handspring Visor Deluxe

Apparently with the 760, I do not even need the USB Switcher, but I followed your directions anyway.

Here is what I did:

Installed Sony Clie Software. Made sure that everything worked and it did.

Now I have installed HandSprings Desktop V4.01 and the Handspring Device works fine. However, if I try and sync the Clie, it does not work. It attempts to reinstall the device and cannot find the correct driver.

Any suggestions. I can install the Sony Software again, but then my HS Visor will not sync.
    Try installing the Sony software first. Then install just the HotsyncManager from the Handspring Disc.
    -Mikedemo
  14.    #14  
    Try installing the Sony software first. Then install just the HotsyncManager from the Handspring Disc.
    Before I do, let me ask this.

I only have two USB ports on my machine and one of them has my cable modem plugged into it. The other one has my Clie. My plan is to switch cradles when I sync the Visor, as I do not sync it nearly as often.

Will they coexist like this, or should they both be hooked up at the same time?

I cannot see how it would matter, as the PC does not see the cradle unless the handheld is on, but I thought I would bring it up.
    Originally posted by GSR13

Before I do, let me ask this.

I only have two USB ports on my machine and one of them has my cable modem plugged into it. The other one has my Clie. My plan is to switch cradles when I sync the Visor, as I do not sync it nearly as often.

Will they coexist like this, or should they both be hooked up at the same time?

I cannot see how it would matter, as the PC does not see the cradle unless the handheld is on, but I thought I would bring it up.
    It should still work. Depending on which cradle you plug in, it'll detect it and load the appropriate drivers.
    -Mikedemo
  16.    #16  
    Well, I finally got it working. It seems that I did not have to reinstall the HandSpring software. After I confirmed the Clie was working I hooked up the Visor Cradle. Hit the HotSync button and the USB driver installed. Apparently, it was still on the computer. Hooked the Clie cradle back up and it synced fine.

My problem was the Clie USB driver would not show up in the Hardware list if I reinstalled the HandSpring Software.

Thanks for the all the help guys.