1.    #1  
    Check this out:

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200...html?tag=mn_hd

Looks like the pics were real.
    In looking at the information sent to the FCC, it appears that the unit will not have a color display(they have a copy of the user manual on the FCC website). In Palm's rush to try and get this out by year end they have neglected the color display! I had hoped that when even Handspring announced that selling a non color edge was a mistake, Palm would take a hint. Sure, it will sell, but not as much as a color i705 would. Just my 2 cents
    Originally posted by Mich
    In Palm's rush to try and get this out by year end they have neglected the color display! I had hoped that when even Handspring announced that selling a non color edge was a mistake, Palm would take a hint. Sure, it will sell, but not as much as a color i705 would. Just my 2 cents
    On the other hand, perhaps they were looking at world economic conditions, per the prevailing US media/disingenuous politico view, and figured folks would rather spend a little of what little/less they have at their discretion to spring for/upgrade to a mono unit (cheaper than the RIM Blackberry, and more useful), than blow the whole Christmas budget (probably reduced this year), on a color item. No?
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net
    Lack of color is probably a battery issue. Wireless requires additional power. Color requires additional power. Wireless + color would require a relatively huge battery to handle the discharge requirements.

Bigger battery means bigger PDA. Then, everybody whines about the brick-like form factor. This way. even though people will still whine, at least Palms packaging and shipping costs are reduced.
    Originally posted by Mich
    In looking at the information sent to the FCC, it appears that the unit will not have a color display(they have a copy of the user manual on the FCC website). In Palm's rush to try and get this out by year end they have neglected the color display! I had hoped that when even Handspring announced that selling a non color edge was a mistake, Palm would take a hint. Sure, it will sell, but not as much as a color i705 would. Just my 2 cents
    What is the URL for the manual? I am hoping to not only take a look at the i705 manual but also the Treo g180 and k180 manuals.

Jason
    Is it just me, or does that have some resembalence to the Edge?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle