For whom is this good news? I think this is bad for Palm. Good for consumers in general, more choice is always better, but I think Palm would certainly like to be the king of the Verizon hill.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The real reason is Cupertino needs to sell more of these , plus VERIZON can claim that they "TOO" can provide that iPhone experience on their reliable network as opposed to the horrible ATT network.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I bet the iphone sales for ATT are either reaching stagnation point or the profit margins for APPLE are dropping.
    I don't know about this one...Verzon said "They will never get the iPhone" when it came out. Sounds like they are flip-flopping.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For whom is this good news? I think this is bad for Palm. Good for consumers in general, more choice is always better, but I think Palm would certainly like to be the king of the Verizon hill.
    My judgement is that AT&T will not be able to keep the exclusive with Apple. There is just too much upside for Apple in adding 80 million new prospective customers.

If that happens, this could grease the skids for Palm to work a deal with AT&T. And that would open up a giant new market for Palm in the US and it would deliver a GSM Pre into the US sooner rather than later.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I'm not sure why this thread was moved to cross platform chat. This subject is definitely about the Pre.
    According to my local news, the AT&T exclusive runs until June of 2010, and Verizon won't get the iPhone until that time, at the earliest. The Pre will be either well established, or Palm will be gone, by that time.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.