1.    #1  
    Definitely take this with a grain of salt - it came from a Best Buy salesperson.

2. Whole new iPhone with slide out QWERTY keyboard

Yeah, we spoke more on this, and he actually said he saw one in person and showed me a pic similar to what he saw, online (see below). This looks to be THE iPhone, and something that would not only give the Palm Pre (4G or not) a rough time, but could be the final piece that starts luring BlackBerry users to the iPhone. He said the size is the same as the current iPhone 3G (awesome!) with the screen being really thin (think like the chrome/silver ring around the screen being the thinness of the ENTIRE screen), and the black (or white if you got a white iPhone 3G) back being a slide out full QWERTY keyboard. Yeah, awesome I know, and even though its a rumor, the guy seems to be really confident in this.

When should you expect to see this new iPhone? Well, this guy at Best Buy told me this iPhone should come in September– not as good as a summer launch (though not that far off), but hey what better way to go back to school then to make your friends jealous of your cool, new iPhone.

New iPhones Coming Later this Year? « TeenTechBlog
    haha
    Is this the same guy at Best Buy that told him the PrPrPr&#$275$; $was$ $coming$ $with$ $WiMax$?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Uhm...that's a retarded keyboard. Going from all touch screen to way too many buttons! That is the most unintelligent keyboard layout I have ever seen. And what's up with the ipod controls taking about like a quarter of the potential keyboard space? Why would you even need the ipod controls? Is that the price they had to pay for making the screen so thin? No more touchscreen or something?

That phone would make no sense, and just doesn't fit the Apple philosophy, especially with a September launch? I guess we'll know more next month at WWDC.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Uhm...that's a retarded keyboard. Going from all touch screen to way too many buttons! That is the most unintelligent keyboard layout I have ever seen. And what's up with the ipod controls taking about like a quarter of the potential keyboard space? Why would you even need the ipod controls? Is that the price they had to pay for making the screen so thin? No more touchscreen or something?
    If you actually click on the link and read the story, it says minus the directional pad.
    So Steve Jobs is acknowledging what Rubenstein said about having a physical keyboard.
    I heard the keyboard rumor from someone too. I also read an HD screen rumor, an OLED screen rumor, voice command rumor. They go on and on. You can't tell which are likely to be true and which are wishful thinking. Although some claim you can tell which features are coming by examining the 3.0 firmware.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't know how true this rumor is, but what if Apple did come out with a version with a 'real kb?' IMO it would be game over I think for everyone else! Most people I know don't have an iPhone because it doesn't have a 'real kb', but if it did I would definitely take the iPhone serious at that point and consider getting one myself.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  9.    #9  
    There's still a lot going against the iPhone - no multitasking, so-so phone functionality, no removable battery, and most importantly, AT&T. And, its not a Pre

The only video technology available that would deliver such a display is OLED, so that would make sense.
    not as long as steve is still alive. all those buttons would freak him out.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    cool features , but it took two years for the Cupertino folks to add CUT & PASTE !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    If you actually click on the link and read the story, it says minus the directional pad.
    I somehow missed that part.
    I honetly can't see Apple releasing an iPhone with a physical keyboard - They would see that as admitting they made a mistake... very unlike Apple.