1.    #1  
    The quarter wasn't all roses for Apple. Turns out, it has been reducing employee hours at the Apple Store to the tune of 1600 equivalent jobs. We say 'equivalent' because not all workers were full time. Currently Apple Retail employs 14,000 full-time equivalent workers, down from 15,600 at the end of Apple's first fiscal quarter, according to a filing with the SEC. The reduction of numbers wasn't a result of any particular directive or massive layoff, Apple just slowed hiring as the normal high turnover of retail lowered job numbers.
    The per store revenue fell to to $5.9 million from $7.1 million year over year. Overall, revenue increased just 1 percent to $1.74 billion, yet 45 new stores having opened last year. So, Apple wasn't immune.
    While Apple is reducing numbers, they might want to consider some "turnover" in their iTunes Apps Store approvers.
    Apple cuts 1600 from Apple Stores | 9 to 5 Mac
    No big surprises there, brick and mortar retail is so pre-2002.
    The economy's bad, even big companies make less money (especially luxury goods manufacturers/sellers like Apple), and when you make less money, you want to spend less money.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    No big surprises there, brick and mortar retail is so pre-2002.
    Perhaps, but the Apple Stores don't just sell Apple products, they also provide face to face tech support which is a huge advantage IMHO. In Manhattan, they have a store opposite the Plaza hotel that is open 24/7. I bought my wife an iPod touch there at 2:00am on January 1st this year. I know a lot of people from the UK who buy Apple products there when visiting on business or vacation.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    not sure about other apple stores, but the ones I go into around my house, it doesn't look like they are hurting, it's usually crowded in there. You'd never know we're in a recession if you walked inside an apple store.
    What does this have to do with the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    What does this have to do with the Pre?
    in reference to the IPhone being the biggest competitor of the Pre
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's