Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    A nice nononsense chart comparing the two phones. Its worth noting that on the spec tab that it lists video capturing and an alarm clock!

Phone Compare Palm Pre-vs-Apple iPhone 3G 8GB
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    anyone do the true cost calculator to see what you could save?
    Hmm...I wonder where they got the Alarm clock info...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    anyone do the true cost calculator to see what you could save?
    I did it until they wanted an email for the "results". Do not feel like dealing with checking my non used email addresses.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I did it until they wanted an email for the "results". Do not feel like dealing with checking my non used email addresses.
    that's as far as I got as well, didn't want to register on the site.
    You could use a dispoable email address.

Edit: I just did it and it just recommends plans for you and if you click buy the plan with the Pre it just sends you to Palms site.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I was to lazy to check an email :P

And from the sounds of it, it was not worth going through the email process:P

Thanks Eguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Hmm...I wonder where they got the Alarm clock info...
    I think that's pretty much assumed. I mean it's built into PalmOS, and it's something a lot of people (including me) use everyday. I think even my old black and white dumbphones had alarm clocks.
    Well with the calendar system it has an alert system which is kind of why I think it is assumed. If it did not have some sort of alarm, that would be a pretty big flaw for the phone although I am sure a 3rd party app would be released soon after.
    I think this sums things up well:

Ignore the $36 for the plan at top, that's the plan I'm currently on.
    There is quite a few bloopers in that details comparison chart. The iPhone doesn't have 16 million colors last time I checked.

Also.... they list "0" for phone book entries on the Pre, and N/A for the iPhone and the iPhone got the win?

Just keep looking through the details comparison chart...all kinds of weird stuff in there.