1.    #1  
    I JUST SAW AT AMAZON. COM THEY ARE SELLING A COMPAQ IPAQ 3135 MODEL FOR 200.00 WITH A 50.00 REBATE. I CURRENTLY HAS A VISOR DELUXE WITH ALOT OF SPINGBOARDS. I WAS THINKING OF SWITCHING OVER TO GAIN SOME MORE MEMORY AND FUNCTIONALITY. WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?
    go for it and turn off your caps.
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    Originally posted by BRIANR2824
    I JUST SAW AT AMAZON. COM THEY ARE SELLING A COMPAQ IPAQ 3135 MODEL FOR 200.00 WITH A 50.00 REBATE. I CURRENTLY HAS A VISOR DELUXE WITH ALOT OF SPINGBOARDS. I WAS THINKING OF SWITCHING OVER TO GAIN SOME MORE MEMORY AND FUNCTIONALITY. WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?
    First, turn off your caps lock. Second realize that this device is:
    A. Grayscale (and what the hell is the point of WinCE if it's not in color?)
    2. only 16MB RAM. (and what the hell is the point of an iPaq if it only has 16MB?)
    III. only has a 133MHz CPU (and what the... well you get the idea)

I say stick with your Deluxe for now and see what happens around Xmas time. New devices will be out by then and with the way the economy is going they will be pretty cheap.
    "Hey! Check out these cresent-fresh skulls in my salad!"- Sifl & Olly
    Originally posted by Black_Dragon

First, turn off your caps lock. Second realize that this device is:
    A. Grayscale (and what the hell is the point of WinCE if it's not in color?)
    2. only 16MB RAM. (and what the hell is the point of an iPaq if it only has 16MB?)
    III. only has a 133MHz CPU (and what the... well you get the idea)

I say stick with your Deluxe for now and see what happens around Xmas time. New devices will be out by then and with the way the economy is going they will be pretty cheap.
    First of all, the pointlessness of greyscale in a WINCe device in relation to the color ones is the same as the realationship between color and black and white palm os devices.

2. It comes wiht a cf card and sleave and in case you all odn't know, windows CE manages the memory card far better than PalmOS. It's like having all of the VFS applications working together without any slowdowns, the operating system is ment for this. When oyu can just stick a CF card in the limits of the onboard memeory become a non-issue.
    3. The black and while ipac uses the same 206 mhz strong arm that the color version uses. I think in order for you to maintain aperances of being reliable you should check your facts.... In fact the h31xx series runs a little faster than the color series becasue it doens't have to deal with the overhead of the screen....

Sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    Originally posted by Celchu19
    First of all, the pointlessness of greyscale in a WINCe device in relation to the color ones is the same as the realationship between color and black and white palm os devices.
    Sorry, it's just not a valid comparison. The "big thing" about WinCE devices is their multimedia capabilities such as movie viewing and MP3 playback. And seriously, who wants to watch movies in black-and-white (assuming that it isn't a black-and-white movie to begin with)?

2. It comes wiht a cf card and sleave and in case you all odn't know, windows CE manages the memory card far better than PalmOS. It's like having all of the VFS applications working together without any slowdowns, the operating system is ment for this. When oyu can just stick a CF card in the limits of the onboard memeory become a non-issue.
    Actually it only comes with the sleave. The card inclusion is a special offer on Amazon only untill Thursday. But your point is semi-valid. The whole deal breaker for me really is the over-all crappyness of WinCE/PPC. Everytime I use one I think "Jesus, if I wanted a portable Windows machine I'd buy a laptop."

3. The black and while ipac uses the same 206 mhz strong arm that the color version uses. I think in order for you to maintain aperances of being reliable you should check your facts.... In fact the h31xx series runs a little faster than the color series becasue it doens't have to deal with the overhead of the screen....
    I stand corrected. Acutally I'm sitting, but it's just an expression.
    "Hey! Check out these cresent-fresh skulls in my salad!"- Sifl & Olly
  6.    #6  
    thanks everyone for your opinions

brian
    You also said you have a lot of SpringBoards so that might also be something to think about. To reproduce those SBs you will have to buy all new modules for the iPaq. Even though the base price is cheaper how much will you have to spend to replace the funcionality of your SBs?