Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm compiling a list to shove in my stupid roommates face bc hes a HUGE apple fanboy and would like everyone's input as to why you would much rather have an Pre over a stupid i phone... I'll start...

1. Physical QWERTy keyboard babyyyyy!!!
    Garnet emulator, yayyyyy!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    REAL multitasking and a drop dead GORGEOUS screen!! have him look at all of the videos or even the picture where all of the top selling phones on all of the major networks are lined up and he'll see how much brighter and just "wow" the pre's screen is!! oh and a QWERTY keyboard...yahtzee!!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
  4.    #4  
    Dwight can u upload or send me a link of that pic you are describing? I would love to see that then email him 1,000,000 copies of it LOL
    #1: It's on Sprint!!!! Service is SOOOOO much cheaper/better than AT&T plans!
    #2: Physical keyboard! Heck yea!
    #3: True Multitasking
    #4: Not locked down to using the app store... no freaking jailbreaking all the time!
    #5: Not Apple product! Hate fanboys...

and yea.. so far the screen looks way brighter and clearer in the demos. Who knows what the settings were like on the different phones though, so we won't know 'til the phone comes out.
    Keyboard, business apps like word processing and spreadsheets! Who would have thought?
    UPDATE: i replaced the earlier link that stopped working for some reason with a much better one!!

here's a link with video from ces that shows how bright it is

Viddler.com - Palm Pre hands-on video - Uploaded by engadget

and here's another that is a straight side by side comparison of the iphone and pre but not the pic i mentioned earlier...can't find it anywhere, grrr!!

http://www.palmprebase.com/palm-pre/...hoto-showdown/

oh and here's one that might really get under his skin, hehe

http://www.mobilebond.com/wp-content...ttery-life.jpg
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04/11/2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    here's a link with video from ces that shows how bright it is

Viddler.com - Palm Pre hands-on video - Uploaded by engadget

and here's another that is a straight side by side comparison of the iphone and pre but not the pic i mentioned earlier...can't find it anywhere, grrr!!

http://www.mobilecomputermag.co.uk/i...-vs-iphone.jpg
    Your second link doesn't work, says "Forbidden
    You do not have permission to access this document. "
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Coz it's from Palm.... Simply put.
    Replaceable battery.
    First and foremost IMO, you don't have to wait 3 models for copy and paste, MMS, A2DP(although I don't know if the Pre will have that either), bluetooth sync, etc. etc. etc.

I know the iPhone having no physical keyboard comes first for most people who don't want an iPhone. But for me the software ommissions were much much worse. If it weren't for the App Store, I may have given up entirely on the iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Because it's not made by Apple and wont be used by apple fans.

That's all the reason I need.
    It's not determined yet that it won't be used by Apple fans, LOL! Not everyone who likes Apple thinks Apple can do no wrong.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    re: Those comparison pix, big-ups to the person who said we don't know what the brightness settings were. That's just what I was preparing to say because it reminds me of those weight-loss and cosmetic ads where the "before" shots are so poorly lit (and the women aren't smiling or well-groomed) compared to the "after" shots.

I don't care about Apple fans vs Palm fans or whatever, so that's not a factor for me. I'll support different "teams" or aspects of those teams whenever I feel they deserve it (or because I'm rooting for them to show their true potential... ie Palm).

The Pre's design philosophies (not the nature stuff) do it for me. The physical keyboard is a factor, but it's largely about the total package.

Trust is key. Leaving out (and not mentioning) copy/paste made me unable to use the iPhone for my purposes, but it also made me unable to trust Apple's design choices. I think there's a lot of talent there. No doubt.

But Palm has made me believe in their vision for the Pre and WebOS. That's important, to me, because you can never know everything about a potential mate, a potential political candidate, or a potential product purchase... but you can feel trust for the philosophies that support those things and that let you trust that the important things won't be glossed-over.

Palm's still imperfect, but they appear to be the least imperfect of the current contenders, for me.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    One of these topics again...

How about every single thing and feature that the Pre has is better than the iPhone...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Trust is key. Leaving out (and not mentioning) copy/paste made me unable to use the iPhone for my purposes, but it also made me unable to trust Apple's design choices. I think there's a lot of talent there. No doubt.
    Interesting, I never really thought about the term "trust" concerning Apple. But I do get the feeling a lot of this was done by design to keep stringing people along with their products. They gave just enough on the 1st iPhone to get many people to overlook SEVERAL shortcomings and get hooked, they did the same on the 2nd. NOW they finally produce one that should have been out in the first place? I seriously don't believe they were that clueless to not know what other phones have. They knew all along, just wanted to see how many people they could get hooked then feed features slowly to keep people buying.

My iPhone is aftermarket. I don't think I'll ever buy a phone directly from Apple(or AT&T) if they keep this up.

More bang for your buck! Palm products seem to give you more without taking all your money unlike apple.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Interesting, I never really thought about the term "trust" concerning Apple. But I do get the feeling a lot of this was done by design to keep stringing people along with their products. They gave just enough on the 1st iPhone to get many people to overlook SEVERAL shortcomings and get hooked, they did the same on the 2nd. NOW they finally produce one that should have been out in the first place? I seriously don't believe they were that clueless to not know what other phones have. They knew all along, just wanted to see how many people they could get hooked then feed features slowly to keep people buying.

My iPhone is aftermarket. I don't think I'll ever buy a phone directly from Apple(or AT&T) if they keep this up.
    +1
    Omitting cut and paste is a glaring mistake by APPLE.
    The phone is so successful that people forgave APPLE on that important feature.
    I remember couple of my buddies lecturing me on the how the cut and paste is not an important feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    #1: It's on Sprint!!!! Service is SOOOOO much cheaper/better than AT&T plans!
    #2: Physical keyboard! Heck yea!
    #3: True Multitasking
    #4: Not locked down to using the app store... no freaking jailbreaking all the time!
    #5: Not Apple product! Hate fanboys...

and yea.. so far the screen looks way brighter and clearer in the demos. Who knows what the settings were like on the different phones though, so we won't know 'til the phone comes out.
    We are dangerously turning into Palm fanboys ourselves...
    nah. There's too much not to like about the Pre and it's newly found Apple ways for that to happen. It's just a nice step forward from the Treo, and it's not WM or an iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    We are dangerously turning into Palm fanboys ourselves...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast