Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Interesting, I never really thought about the term "trust" concerning Apple. But I do get the feeling a lot of this was done by design to keep stringing people along with their products. They gave just enough on the 1st iPhone to get many people to overlook SEVERAL shortcomings and get hooked, they did the same on the 2nd. NOW they finally produce one that should have been out in the first place? I seriously don't believe they were that clueless to not know what other phones have. They knew all along, just wanted to see how many people they could get hooked then feed features slowly to keep people buying.

My iPhone is aftermarket. I don't think I'll ever buy a phone directly from Apple(or AT&T) if they keep this up.
    Wow. Now that IS deep.
    Kinda hard for me to think about that without sensing trust issues.

You think they deliberately left copy/paste out, despite knowing that there would be x-thousands of unsold units because of it? That's quite an assertion.

If I felt that way, it'd be very hard to trust Apple, again. Aftermarkets do help, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I don't trust many large corporations to begin with, I've seen how anti-consumer many are getting. And Apple's recent actions on several things make me wonder about them. Either Apple lives in a cave and did no research on what other phones have before they put the iPhone out, or they knew just what to provide a little at a time to keep people hooked and to maintain too much control over customers and developers. For all those who didn't buy, they still made out like a bandit on those who wanted the screen, the multimedia and the internet functions more.

Copy and paste may have been an innocent ommission. But there's also no MMS and IM. Usually they are completely free on phones. Now you have to go crawling to iTunes to get them and developers had to kiss **** to get approved. Although IM programs are often "free" on iTunes, they're saddled with ads. AIM issued a paid version so you don't get ads, pay for AIM who would have guessed! No other phone seems to have AIM do this. Although AIM seems a little greedy itself, they could easily have put out a no-ad FREE version(like they had at first).

No wifi sync(although that could be iTunes related), failure to provide true push as promised in a timely manner(but they took $99 from MobileMe members nevertheless), etc. etc. They "generously" will allow us to now uncripple the bluetooth on both the Touch and iPhone on 3.0 so now we get A2DP and I think BT sync. The BT module had this capabilty all along, that means. They just needed to figure out a way to charge or get benefit for it. Touch users will pay another $10, iPhone users may get either a new phone or stay hooked on the old ones with new firmware. However I understand 1st gen. iPhone users may get screwed so they may get a new phone anyway. Someone here mentioned that the 1st gen iPhones SHOULD BE be fully usable on 3.0. If true, Apple is likely crippling them and you know why.

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ^ What Phone Diva said is why I want a Pre instead of an iPhone.

Straight up. I didn't even know Apple was doing half of the evil things you said. That gives me shivers.
    Yep, that contract is over that the initial iPhone users signed, so of course Apple is going to restrict some things from working on the original iPhone so that the fanbois shell out money on the new one coming out. Corporate business, that's just how it works. In some way or another, they always try to dress things up so it looks like you're getting a "deal"
    I would be SUPER PEEVED if they managed to get a 100$'s out of me for push!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I think it's supposed to be included anyway if you have Exchange, but MobileMe members were supposed to get that feature for all other email accounts they have. There have been so many problems with MM, the $99 just doesn't seem worth it.

Then I read somewhere that true push was delayed until recently, or will be included with the 3.0 software(need to read some more on this). Most of the email actually seems to be "fetch(pull)" on the iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12