Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...and?
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The next RIM phone will have a multi touch user interface with a WEBKIT browser.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    and ,
    they will have a non clickable STORM.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    and they will add SD card.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    and it will look like iPhone.
    and they'll have a fruit in their device name
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Last quarter , RIMM sold 1 million more phones per month than APPLE.

I feel sorry for APPLE, they had a good run in with the iPod i.e. no other company replicated the TOTAL EXPERIENCE , but in the phone business they are seeing some competition.

Now PALM and RIMM have ex APPLE folks calling shots.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    and they'll have a fruit in their device name
    wow,
    The two fruit companies ( PALM and RIMM) now have ex APPLE guys !!!!!
    At Apple, he led the Mac OS X interface concept project and directed the Design team responsible for the User Experience for Mac OS X. Simply put, that means Lindsay helped develop the iPhone interface. The Ottawa Citizen reported in July 2007 that Lindsay left Nortel in 1994 to join Apple, where "he hired the team that created the Macintosh Computer's OS X operating system. Though Lindsay now works at Microsoft, where he runs a design group at Microsoft Live Labs, his influence at Apple would remain profound. His OS X team created the user interface for the iPhone."
    Seems like they took a bit of a leap in declaring that guy the "mastermind of the iPhone UI." He worked on the OS X UI. His team did the iPhone UI, and it sounds like that was after he left.

Regardless, Apple designers did good things for Palm so it looks like RIM wants to get a bit of that too.
    That's why Apple is increasingly focusing their marketing on "There's an App for That" and why they really added a lot of device and peer-to-peer functionality to iPhone 3.0. The hardware specs may soon be the same. Personally, I think the Pre screen is a little small, however, with a physical keyboard, you can get away with it. I'm thinking that a new Blackberry may look more like a Pre than an iPhone.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    This is good for RIM, but the guy left way back in 2004. I don't it will hurt Apple that much that RIM picked this guy up. I'm interested on how this will go though.

Also I think it's weird they called him the mastermind behind the iPhone interface when he left way back in 2004. Weren't iPods still in black and white then? Yea his team he commanded came up with it but he was gone working on Vista.
    Last edited by Nells; 04/09/2009 at 04:08 PM.
    and you think RIM is now going to copy the iPhone?
    i think the iphone and RIM rivalry is pretty much set.... i dont see RIM doing an iPhone, and vice versa... they both have pretty distinct formulas in consumer's minds that people who go for BB's arent likely to go for iphones, and vice versa.

Its almost like Coke and Pepsi. They pretty much have set audiences already.

Now where the Pre comes in is another story... Sprite anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Its almost like Coke and Pepsi. They pretty much have set audiences already.

Now where the Pre comes in is another story... Sprite anyone?
    Bad example, because Coke owns Sprite anyway.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Bad example, because Coke owns Sprite anyway.
    Pre, the Dr. Pepper of phones?
    I'd rather own a Palm Centro compared to a RIM device..but i'm just funny that way. I think they marketed well and got very good branding almost xerox like in substituting a blackberry for the word smartphone. Plus they tweaked their software now and then and got out new units.

The old palm could've done this but...didn't. Their marketing sucked balls (and i'm not convinced it still doesn't). And they wouldn't change up the OS for nothing. For instance, a teal OS look (or other) and newly tweaked hardware would've had a lot of people happy.

RIM is getting much more mileage out their stale looking OS than palm because RIM knows how to run a business.
    And what has this (thread) got to do with the Pre or Palm?
    Last edited by johncc; 04/09/2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added thread
    Beats me. I was just replying..lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast