Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    And what has this got to do with the Pre or Palm?
    Haha i wanted to ask this same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Research In Motion Quietly Hires The Mastermind Behind The iPhone User Interface
    I would not call the guy who designed the iPhone UI a genius. Another name comes to mind.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    and the OSX UI isn't that great either... who cares...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    folks its not about this guy. its about how many more designers and developers he can pull in.
    Looks like Apple is slowly loosing talent.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    Haha i wanted to ask this same thing
    its called bankrupcy , if they don't release the Pre.
    Jon Rubinstein and co can pack off and negotiate a deal with RIMM. RIMM did a STORM IN quicker time(one year) PALM is working on this new OS for more than two years.RIMM executes their plans faster, just like Apple.
    Jon Rubinstein and co can pack off and negotiate a deal with RIMM. RIMM did a STORM IN quicker time(one year) PALM is working on this new OS for more than two years.RIMM executes their plans faster, just like Apple.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Storm has the same horrible OS that Blackberry has always has. It's gotten a little better lately, but it's really nothing at all special. Palm was pumping out new Treos every year back in the day too.
    And we all know how great that rapidly produced Storm OS turned out...People move to different companies all the time, even competing ones, so long as no non-compete contract has been signed. If RIM wants to put out something Pre or iPhone-esque, it is goinv to take them some time. Until then, I find it extremely unlikely that they will bankrupt Palm by hiring that one dude no ones ever heard of before that news story.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    And we all know how great that rapidly produced Storm OS turned out...People move to different companies all the time, even competing ones, so long as no non-compete contract has been signed. If RIM wants to put out something Pre or iPhone-esque, it is goinv to take them some time. Until then, I find it extremely unlikely that they will bankrupt Palm by hiring that one dude no ones ever heard of before that news story.
    We shall see, that dude no one ever heard of knows few more dudes ( again no one ever heard of) who will probably mix the APPLE juice with Berry shake.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12