1.    #1  
    Palm Pre vs. iPhone 3G: Which do you want? | CTIA show - CNET Reviews

Flash support Palm has committed to Adobe's Open Screen Project and promised to bring Flash 10 Player to its Web OS devices by the end of the year, but probably won't make it on the Pre

That caught my eye. I'm thinking she might be wrong though (or guessing) given she got the data plan wrong. Not too bad otherwise.
    Last edited by cardfan; 03/27/2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Flash support Palm has committed to Adobe's Open Screen Project and promised to bring Flash 10 Player to its Web OS devices by the end of the year, but probably won't make it on the Pre

That caught my eye. I'm thinking she might be wrong though (or guessing) given she got the data plan wrong. Not too bad otherwise.
    I think she meant that it won't make it on the Pre at launch.

ouch, I know alot of forum users that are going to to the Pre because it WILL get Flash. Hopefully this isnt true..
    Yup. At launch.

It's not bad, but it minimizes some of the Pre advantages by not doing more specific comparisons. They should have a category for "Notifications" contrasting the obtrusive iPhone ones with the non-obtrusive Pre ones. They should have a messaging category where it compares the separate iPhone messaging apps (email, SMS, IM) with the unified messaging of the Pre.

Also, I think due to Palm's frustrating secrecy, it's probably not fair (to Apple) to make a total comparison against iPhone at this point simply because we do not know how the rest of Pre/WebOS apps stack up against their iPhone equivalents.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    She also said Sprint and Palm were going to be at the event, but Palm is not listed on the CTIA guest list. And if she is right and all they are doing is setting up a VIP lounge with no conferences or major events scheduled, then I guess it will be more of the same Blue Man Group/Spanish Tomato Fight type of demos.
  6.    #6  
    I thought the data plans, as listed, are deceiving. You have to get voice too. She also lists the unlimited price plan for sprint and conveniently leaves off what it would cost for unlimited everything with AT&T.
    Not only that, she doesn't mention that those turn-by-turn directions via Sprint Navigation are also free and included in all of the Pre's plans.
  8.    #8  
    Oops..she corrected the Flash thing. Just at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    She also said Sprint and Palm were going to be at the event, but Palm is not listed on the CTIA guest list. And if she is right and all they are doing is setting up a VIP lounge with no conferences or major events scheduled, then I guess it will be more of the same Blue Man Group/Spanish Tomato Fight type of demos.
    I bet you they will be there with Sprint to talk, and showcase.. not necessary there with a booth.
    She's already updated it to say:

"Palm has committed to Adobe's Open Screen Project and promised to bring Flash 10 Player to its Web OS devices by the end of the year, but won't ship on the Pre at launch"
    I thought the data plans, as listed, are deceiving. You have to get voice too. She also lists the unlimited price plan for sprint and conveniently leaves off what it would cost for unlimited everything with AT&T.
    I also find it misleading, she should be listing the pricing for minutes first, as I always considered that to be the main part of any mobile plan even with a PDA phone. The way she wrote it seems like you can get data only plan which isn't the case.
    Lvavor,

You will find out very soon how active our MOD's are at aggressively making spammers disapear. Goodbye.

Try again elsewhere.

Love,
    Goat
    Poof... He's gone. God I love these forums.