Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've heard about this difference:

bluetooth that's not nerfed; i.e., at the very least, the Pre's bluetooth supports A2DP, so you can get stereo music via bluetooth.

...also...am I imagining this or does the iPhone not have a standard headphone jack? If that's the case...another diff is that the Pre doesn't require an adapter to listen with whatever. headphones. you. want.

:-)
    iPhone has a standard jack.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Are you kidding? No dropped calls with the iphone???!!?? No crashes? No lag? No buggy apps? No resets?

You're a lucky iphone user I've had more of these problems with the iphone than with my old centro for sure.
    I had a few crappy apps and simply deleted them. But on the 1st gen. iPhone everything works the way it should. EDGE is slow but that's expected these days. It still sounds like the 3G version is the one with all the problems.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    phone diva, what's this "possibly a cheaper plan if you don't mind CDMA" stuff?

Nothing possible about it but definitely. That is of course if sprint doesn't raise prices on the Everything plans. I don't see that happening though. You'll have to pay around 70 a month to get either one though at a minimum. The sprint lowest plan gives unlimited text is the main difference of the lowest ones. It's when you move beyond the lowest plans that the differences really start to widen.

Bottom line...i have the individual everything plan from at&t right now and i'm paying 172 a month. I can go to sprint and pay about 108 a month i assume after taxes. It's about 70 dollars difference per month. Even the family plans have gaps that big.

70x12 = 840 or so more per year on AT&T. Even if i paid 400 for the Pre, i'll still come out way ahead with sprint in less than a year.

I said "possibly" because I don't know if Sprint will decide to put all Pre users on the higher plans.

$172 per month? I pay AT&T about $86 per month with taxes. For $172, it better be truly unlimited everything.

P.S. I couldn't find that plan you mentioned online. Is it only available if you call?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/28/2009 at 03:19 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I had a few crappy apps and simply deleted them. But on the 1st gen. iPhone everything works the way it should. EDGE is slow but that's expected these days. It still sounds like the 3G version is the one with all the problems.
    true. before to 2.0 update
    but safari has been crashing consistanly since the beginning till now...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Not on me, but it is really slow due to EDGE. On wifi, it's rather snappy.

I really wish Apple would allow Opera to make an iPhone browser, usually Opera loads better.

That reminds me of another possible difference. Hopefully developers won't need to kiss Palm's behind just to develop something for WebOS.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/28/2009 at 04:16 AM.

i don't really follow the iphone closely, but this is the 1st time I'm hearing anyone comment about crashes
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    It crashes all the time. Browser or 3rd party apps usually. It drops calls. It lags. Works as intended otherwise.

On wifi it should be snappy, but i only use wifi at home and if i'm home, i usually don't use the iphone to browse web. Edge sucks which makes the iphone kinda crappy in my immediate local area. 3g is good if i'm in the area 20-30 miles away where i work.

The main advantage i'll have with the Pre is that the sprint 3g area is much much bigger (for me) and includes my home area as well. Everyone's circumstances is different though. FWIW, i live outside ft. knox, ky. Louisville is the 3g spot.
    It crashes all the time. Browser or 3rd party apps usually. It drops calls. It lags. Works as intended otherwise.

On wifi it should be snappy, but i only use wifi at home and if i'm home, i usually don't use the iphone to browse web. Edge sucks which makes the iphone kinda crappy in my immediate local area. 3g is good if i'm in the area 20-30 miles away where i work.

The main advantage i'll have with the Pre is that the sprint 3g area is much much bigger (for me) and includes my home area as well. Everyone's circumstances is different though. FWIW, i live outside ft. knox, ky. Louisville is the 3g spot.
    We now have 10 iPhones in my organization, all 3G versions. None of us are having problems with crashes, dropped calls, or lag. 4 of us travel quite a bit and we haven't experienced issues when traveling to other cities either. We must be part of the lucky ones.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Are you trying to say that none of your 10 iphones have never crashed while browsing, or using a 3rd party app or drops calls? You're not lucky..you're just fibbing
    iPhone apps do crash which returns you to the app menu. However, it doesn't reset the entire device every like single one of my Palm OS devices. Hopefully, the Pre will not show you the Palm icon as a notification that your unit has crashed. I have learned, over the years, to dread seeing that orange circle with "Palm" pop up.

Face it, Palm OS devices are terrible with crashing. The only Palms that are better at avoiding crashes are the Pre's because they don't exist yet.
    Last edited by StatCoder; 02/28/2009 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    We now have 10 iPhones in my organization, all 3G versions. None of us are having problems with crashes, dropped calls, or lag. 4 of us travel quite a bit and we haven't experienced issues when traveling to other cities either. We must be part of the lucky ones.
    it's really hard for me to believe base on my personal experience...
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    iPhone apps do crash which returns you to the app menu. However, it doesn't reset the entire device every like single one of my Palm OS devices. Hopefully, the Pre will not show you the Palm icon as a notification that your unit has crashed. I have learned, over the years, to dread seeing that orange circle with "Palm" pop up.
    it does crash my iphone from time to time...
    it just freezes... and will need a reset...

i must be really really unlucky.
    but it all happens After the 2.0 update...
    it turned my apple into a lemond!
    I can honestly say my iPhone has never crashed. I have had treos and I know what a crash is. The pre will be the same. Count on it.
    whatever you say
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I can honestly say my iPhone has never crashed. I have had treos and I know what a crash is. The pre will be the same. Count on it.
    so u mean u'd never experiencd something like while using an app it jumped back to the spring board? that's a software crash...

now i have both software and hardware crashes, which will require a reset... well, i guess i'm just unlucky
    Or I am just real lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    Given the underlying Linux, you can count on errant programs NOT crashing the Pre.
    Are you trying to say that none of your 10 iphones have never crashed while browsing, or using a 3rd party app or drops calls? You're not lucky..you're just fibbing
    I did not saying never. I'm saying in the category of having problems. It's not often enough to be considered a problem. I've had Safari crash maybe four to five times since I've had mine. I've had a few apps occasionally close for no apparent reason. But, certainly not in the "having problems" category.

I've had no more dropped calls than I experience with my Sprint phones, smartphones or otherwise.

Never had the iPhone reset like Treos and HTC products I've had.

I talk of the positive experience I have had with my iPhone, but, I am certainly waiting for the Pre. I do feel it offers the things that are lacking for me.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    My wife has an iPhone and the virtual keyboard is a joke. I have a Centro and even though the keyboard is small, I can send texts with ease compared to the iPhone.

Synergy is also a big difference between the two.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast