Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm starting to get sick of waiting on info about the pre. My centro is staring to bite the dust i.e some of the buttons no longer work. I'm having thoughts of switching to a BB curve. Has anyone out there ever used one, and have likes / dislikes? I'm looking at it as kind of a sacrifice. I know for sure as soon as I go out and buy a BB sprint will announce a date for the pre. I'll be helpng all of you out..haha
    Good things come to those who wait. I'm stuck with my 800w which I hate.
    I considered the Storm before picking up a new Centro to get me thru. Why? Well, migration issues. If you're an Outlook type, you'd be ok. I hate Outlook and refuse to use it. So to move from Palm Desktop to....???? What? That's the problem. There is no answer? Agendus? Something else? Or get Championlink and hope that it'll synch the BB to Palm Desktop? Whatever, a bad solution since BB doesn't see fit to have a Desktop PIM. They believe you should use Outlook. My thoughts. Oh, and the Crackheads are darned scary folk.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    I considered the Storm before picking up a new Centro to get me thru. Why? Well, migration issues. If you're an Outlook type, you'd be ok. I hate Outlook and refuse to use it. So to move from Palm Desktop to....???? What? That's the problem. There is no answer? Agendus? Something else? Or get Championlink and hope that it'll synch the BB to Palm Desktop? Whatever, a bad solution since BB doesn't see fit to have a Desktop PIM. They believe you should use Outlook. My thoughts. Oh, and the Crackheads are darned scary folk.
    I guess I'm more of what you would consider a "casual" user. The only e-mail I use is my personal yahoo account, the e-mail I use sometimes for buisness is tied to that. I don't really use calandars, or sync to anything. In fact I have never even installed the palm desktop software. Don't get me wrong I love my centro, it's just on it's way out.
    If you're already on a plan that already includes BIS and will pretty much use messaging services like AIM/Yahoo/GTalk/BBM/Twitter/Facebook/Myspace/ ETC... along with text messaging and email, then I would suggest it. BB is imo the ultimate communications device.

If you want a device that works very well OFB and has great call quality and great battery life, then maybe you should think about it. But be aware that 3rd party support is limited and outside of theme customization, it is limited compared to your centro.
    I have a BB Curve and can't stand it, I can't wait to go back to Palm, and especially the Pre....
    The blackberry is a great device and it can do everything your Pre will. Multitask, background notifications, sync data from multiple sources, physical keyboard, 3rd party apps. It also has expandable memory and is available on all carriers.
    ^agree 100%.

Corbs, if you can afford to do so, try one of them out for a week or two to see if it fits your needs. If you don't mind the size, the Bold is a great device. If you want a more "iPhone" experience, try out the Storm. Both of these have new interfaces and screens, both remarkable improvements for the longtime Blackberry user. If those improvements don't matter so much but pocketability does, try out the Curve or Pearl (smallest of the bunch).

Best success
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    If you switch to a Curve, I'd wait until your carrier has the new Curve. The old one looks dated.
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Well, I made the jump sunday. I've had almost 2 days with the curve. I really liked my centro, so it was sad to leave it. So far I think I actually like the curve better though! I'm going to have to wait on the pre. I imagine it will be buggy and expensive at first. At least thats what I'm telling myself....