1.    #1  
    For those of us with many files on several SD cards, 64Gb total, What phone to get if new "Pre" doesn't have removable SD cards?

Taking (all) suggestions, even if we have to leave Palm. I hear there are phones that will take half my files on just one 32gig card?

I have my documents, film/videos, PDF's etc, and more on my SD's. As it is now with Treo, I can quickly insert what ever files needed. But want an OS system if possible.
    Last edited by positron; 02/25/2009 at 07:40 PM.
    Again? Really...?
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Are you asking what phone to get that takes SD cards?
    Just call me Berd.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    For those of us with many files on several SD cards, 64Gb total, What phone to get if new "Pre" doesn't have removable SD cards?

Taking (all) suggestions, even if we have to leave Palm. I hear there are phones that will take half my files on just one 32gig card?

I have my documents, film/videos, PDF's etc, and more on my SD's. As it is now with Treo, I can quickly insert what ever files needed. But want an OS system if possible.
    Well, there are all the people hoping that USB Host capability can be enabled on the Pre...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Are you asking what phone to get that takes SD cards?
    The best you've seen. Or USB to a Card reader etc. Or something. (All) phone(s) suggestions to handle files on many SD's.

OS, if possible. But all.
    Is he using a translator?
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    thread ignored...

I'm sorry positron.
    Many seem to be frustrated the Pre doesn't have an expansion slot.
    There's also threads where there's discussions about some way to to get the pre to get files off a memory stick.

There's lots of other devices that might meet your needs.
    Just call me Berd.
    Treo Pro. Besides, someone has to buy it.
    If this thread is to talk about other phones to get instead of a Pre then it belongs in other handhelds.

<<moved>>

I would recommend the Treo Pro.
    Some members are waiting for some of the new Htc devices.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Well, there are all the people hoping that USB Host capability can be enabled on the Pre...
    You'd be better off hoping for world peace. The USB host specification requires power to be supplied to the client. That's a hardware specification. Trust me, Palm didn't waste time inventing this capability for its Pre, nor did it waste valuable circuit board space to implement it. It's going to take some kind of cheezy, external, frankenstein device to fulfill the USB Host hope on the Pre.