Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    How about my corporate email, calendar, and contacts that reside on an exchange server behind a firewall. With my iPhone I can sync these via a USB connection. Very common in the corporate world to not have exchange access open to the outside. If Palm included blackberry services, that would be a different story.
    I don't understand why a phone is needed to be synced with a computer to for address book. Aren't these phones are mini computers ?

I agree that you need to sync with exchange. But its not needed IMHO.
    Hopefully we might see the contacts search functionality implemented in the native OUTLOOK app.

You don't need to save the company address book on your phone.
    You can search whenever you want to.
    I found a way to do that using browser.
    Get your web outlook address , open it on your SAFARI.
    Hit the new mail button.
    Then touch the To button search the name you want to.

I am not sure PALM Pre might pull these in to their master address book and link with other addresses.

Syncing should be removed from all the devices ( iPhone, Pre, Nokia, even HTC WinMos)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I don't understand why a phone is needed to be synced with a computer to for address book. Aren't these phones are mini computers ?

I agree that you need to sync with exchange. But its not needed IMHO.
    Hopefully we might see the contacts search functionality implemented in the native OUTLOOK app.

You don't need to save the company address book on your phone.
    You can search whenever you want to.
    I found a way to do that using browser.
    Get your web outlook address , open it on your SAFARI.
    Hit the new mail button.
    Then touch the To button search the name you want to.

I am not sure PALM Pre might pull these in to their master address book and link with other addresses.

Syncing should be removed from all the devices ( iPhone, Pre, Nokia, even HTC WinMos)
    I dont want my company address book. I want my address book that I have stored in iCal or outlook.

There is no web outlook address for my Exchange server. It sits behind a firewall. You will find this to be the case in many large companies.

Before anybody suggests it, let me just say that I do not want, and I'm not allowed to sync any of my data to google or another web cloud service. This is why a desktop sync is still very important for a lot of people.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234