Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    After watching numerous Pre videos I think I can definitely say that there is at least one other area where the iPhone has a clear advantage.........ease of use.
    After watching numerous Pre videos I think that the WebOS card system is a very simple and intuitive interface which even little old ladies will be able to easily manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Where did i say the iphone wasn't usable? Calling it a beginner's smartphone doesn't mean this. Saying i got more usefulness from my treo doesn't mean the iphone doesn't have its uses.

Again, i love the simplicity of the iphone. For me personally, it doesn't do everything i want but what it does, it does it well. And so i live without some things or apps that i was used to with my centro.

The Pre addresses a lot of this for me personally though and makes the choice of buying one...for me...easy.

Regarding the multitasking, i never thought much of it when the old palm vs wm arguments occurred. But after seeing on Pre, this multitasking i like.

<<<<Apple would allow multitasking because they are smart. If their competitors are doing it, so will they>>>>

Apple is smart in that they know what people want. Simplicity. Elegance. For stuff to work and look good. And they know what features most like and what features aren't vital (yet somewhat desired if only because competitor A has it).

Competitors have been doing stuff like copy and paste, office apps editing, MMS, real gps, stereo bt, tethering, etc and apple hasn't been compelled to add it. Why all of a sudden multitasking given the huge problem it will be for them? Are its core users screaming for it? I don't really think so..

a piece of turd can be the next iphone and it will be hyped and loved just as the current ones. There was a couple articles i read about how apple can get away with murder and everyone will still love them and buy their stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    After watching numerous Pre videos I think that the WebOS card system is a very simple and intuitive interface which even little old ladies will be able to easily manage.
    just as the iphone made it very easy to use the phone with basic features (no stereo BT, no tethering, no multitasking, no MMS, no downloading(untill recently), etc) I think palm has just a good or better job in taking a phone with a **** load of more advanced features and still making it easy to use.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maltese_falcon View Post
    well therein lies the issue. pre was designed from the ground up for multi tasking. Iphone wasn't. its basically that simple. even if they effectively retrofit the iphone OS to multitask, its a background hack.
    I'm fairly sure (but don't know) that the iPhone version of OSX supports multitasking. It would have taken a lot to remove it, and you still want all of the underlying functionality for interrupts and stuff.

On the other hand, it is the top level GUI that will make it difficult to switch between the GUI of multiple "running" applications. That is something that the Pre has done very well. So, Apple could do it, but will they - and will it be kludgy. Note how on the desktop, Apple has defiantly stuck to a lame a** single button mouse forever.

Also, PalmOS has been doing fairly(?) well with an OS that very much did not have multitasking. I'm still happy with my Treo680 - though I'm ready for a change. I would never get an iPhone or WM device, so was looking at the G1.

Now, I'm really excited about the Pre. I can't wait for a GSM version...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've had an iPhone for two years (3G and 3Gs) and I will say, IT'S A GREAT PHONE. I'm over it. It's the same look, restricted access (app store) and AT&T that's bothered me. I like to change my smartphone around, can't do that with an iPhone. Greater access to apps with the iPhone, yes but the WebOS apps are growing rapidly not to mention the Homebrew opportunities. Finally, I feel I owe something to Palm. I owned the original Treo and at least a dozen varieties of smartphones model since. I'm not sure we would be enjoying what we are today without Palm starting this market. WebOS is very good and getting better, so I'm here to support it. An hour ago, I made it official, my phone number has been ported over to my Pre. My daughter gets her 'to die for' iPhone.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBIowa View Post
    I've had an iPhone for two years (3G and 3Gs) and I will say, IT'S A GREAT PHONE. I'm over it. It's the same look, restricted access (app store) and AT&T that's bothered me. I like to change my smartphone around, can't do that with an iPhone. Greater access to apps with the iPhone, yes but the WebOS apps are growing rapidly not to mention the Homebrew opportunities. Finally, I feel I owe something to Palm. I owned the original Treo and at least a dozen varieties of smartphones model since. I'm not sure we would be enjoying what we are today without Palm starting this market. WebOS is very good and getting better, so I'm here to support it. An hour ago, I made it official, my phone number has been ported over to my Pre. My daughter gets her 'to die for' iPhone.
    You owe something to Palm and people talk about Apple *******.
    not allowed to type fanb0ys lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12