Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iOS does not multitask. Save state is not multi tasking.
    Palm sent a cease and desist order back in the day to TealOS a launcher available to PalmOS, that used save state. Way back then everyone agreed it wasn't multi tasking (as it is doing ONE thing at a time) yet people are actually so easily convinced by apple's advertising it astounds me.
    not sure if you can compare how a phone with a 1ghz processor manager memory better than something with 500ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    iOS does not multitask. Save state is not multi tasking.
    Palm sent a cease and desist order back in the day to TealOS a launcher available to PalmOS, that used save state. Way back then everyone agreed it wasn't multi tasking (as it is doing ONE thing at a time) yet people are actually so easily convinced by apple's advertising it astounds me.
    not sure if you can compare how a phone with a 1ghz processor manager memory better than something with 500ish.
    Memory/Application management has very little to do with CPU clock speed and CPU scaling is available with custom kernels (on webOS) it just is not used in the stock kernel from Palm (or wasn't... but I don't think that has changed).

If you monitor system/application memory and cpu allocation/clock on a Android (2.1+) and a webOS device, you could see how they differ.

For $H!TS and giggles I clocked my EVO down the 600mhz (hard cap; it still scales from about 300-600) and did not experience any lag and applications still seemed just a responsive. My EVO typically scales between 260-600 under normal use (browsing, texts, email, etc.).
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/27/2010 at 01:20 PM.
    and the pre only runs 500 through the ui, only certain games utilize 600. Lag is OFTEN caused by email pulls, go ahead and change your preset to every hr and restart the device.(dumps heap with having a patched pre)
    also, currently the gui is not implemented for the ui I believe, as in not hardware accerated. Which is what is coming in september-ish.

why not compare apples to apples though. Find a pre 1.5 build of android and compare it to a 1.4 build of webOS

either way, your still stuck with android.
    and the pre only runs 500 through the ui, only certain games utilize 600. Lag is OFTEN caused by email pulls, go ahead and change your preset to every hr and restart the device.(dumps heap with having a patched pre)
    also, currently the gui is not implemented for the ui I believe, as in not hardware accerated. Which is what is coming in september-ish.

why not compare apples to apples though. Find a pre 1.5 build of android and compare it to a 1.4 build of webOS
    How is that apples to apples?

Do you compare Windows 7 to Mac OS 7 (System 7) released in 1991???

Or Android 2.* (Eclair/Froyo) to Windows CE (WM 2.*) released in 1997???

Certainly not. You compare current offering to current offering... despite version numbers...

either way, your still stuck with android.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/27/2010 at 02:24 PM.
    cute how you compare dead os's to current ones.

ok, how long has android been available?
    how long has webOS been available?

just to throw it in, google purchased android and made it what it is now.
    cute how you compare dead os's to current ones.

ok, how long has android been available?
    how long has webOS been available?

just to throw it in, google purchased android and made it what it is now.
    This conversation is going no where fast...

It is cute... isn't it? but isn't that what you were doing?

If your only defense is to do a comparison to other OS's at the same version # and completely ignore the relevance of a comparison of current offerings from the various mobile OS platforms... well... good luck with that...

PS: WM and Mac OS are still current OS's on their current version... and you would compare Mac OS X (that's 10 btw) to Windows 7... if you were comparing desktop OS's? Because... well it is each respective OS's current offering?
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/27/2010 at 02:36 PM.
    now your confusing me. When the pre was released, what was the newest version available for official download for android, not a rom. My comparisons were relevant based on the fact they were available around the same time. The hero got what when?, the moment? The milestone/droid was released how many months after? We are waiting on the next hardware upgrade, and the software especially. It is on it's way, so when it is released we will see then.

If I used an analogy wrong, my bad.

We all know that 2.0 is going to be a big change. Not sure who your going to convince here on PREcentral that android is better, many of us that have been around through the treocentral days are a patient people.
    (i lost my password, and started a new screen name been comin here since I got my 650 I think)
    now your confusing me. When the pre was released, what was the newest version available for official download for android, not a rom. My comparisons were relevant based on the fact they were available around the same time. The hero got what when?, the moment? The milestone/droid was released how many months after? We are waiting on the next hardware upgrade, and the software especially. It is on it's way, so when it is released we will see then.

If I used an analogy wrong, my bad.

We all know that 2.0 is going to be a big change. Not sure who your going to convince here on PREcentral that android is better, many of us that have been around through the treocentral days are a patient people.
    (i lost my password, and started a new screen name been comin here since I got my 650 I think)
    So we should step back and make a comparison to a point in time over a year ago? or 6 months ago? or speculate on what will be in 6 months? rather than discuss what is currently available?

I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything. I was simply providing my opinion based on my experience with all 3 OS's (I have used all 3 pretty extensively at this point). I thought that was the OP intent with this thread...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12