1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700p month-to-month with
    Verizon and they've been desperate to
    keep me, offering all sorts of incentives.
    Frankly, it's embarassing.

I plan to switch to the Apple iPhone 3g fairly
    soon and picked up one for my spouse a
    week ago and am impressed with what I see.
    The AT&T speed is not as horrible as Verizon
    would have you believe.

While the lack of an SD card and exchangeable
    battery are questions, they are not fatal, and the
    internal chips are so much faster than the Treo...
    plus the memory is much larger (I plan to get
    the 16GB version.)

Yes - it appears the Age of the Iphone is here,
    now 1/3 of all U.S. phones.

Good job Steve Jobs. I just hope he didn't
    give his life (has pancreatic cancer) for the
    sake of a gadget. Tain't worth it.

Stuart
    Just curious, what other phones were you considering at Verizon?

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft View Post
    IThe AT&T speed is not as horrible as Verizon would have you believe.
    The speed is ok (but not half as good as AT&T would have you believe), but the dropped calls while in 3G mode was unacceptable to me. AT&T waived my ETF after they admitted they couldn't get me a stable 3G signal around my office or my home (even though both were mapped out as in the heart of their coverage areas). I'm back with Verizon now and my customers and staff thank me for it.

I do think the iPhone is a pretty nice phone though. It does what it does very well. It also lacks some functionality I had a hard time living without. Also, if you're used to being able to reconfigure your phone much (al la WM or Blackberry), the iPhone will disappoint you on that end too.
    I cant make a decision on the iphone, good or ill. While its media services and web browsing experience are unparrelled, there's something about the device that doesn't scream smartphone. Even with the advent of the "app store" I honestly laugh a bit when my co-workers talk about wanting one purely for "business use". There's no distinct advantage when its comes to enterprise/exchange with iphone, atleast non that I can see and I only used one for a 30-day period, especially when compared to WinMob, BBOS, and palm OS. The screen realistate is absolutely gorgous, but simple things like copy-past and a BACK BUTTON make the whole process seem like a theme park ride: great for the thrills but no control when & where it ends
    Last edited by sp33d_Dialz; 01/26/2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: seriously bad choice of adjectives!
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33d_Dialz View Post
    I cant make a decision on the iphone, good or ill. While its media services and web browsing experience are unparrelled, there's something about the device that doesn't scream smartphone. Even with the advent of the "app store" I honestly laugh a bit when my co-workers talk about wanting one purely for "business use". There's no distinct advantage when its comes to enterprise/exchange with iphone, atleast non that I can see and I only used one for a 30-day period, especially when compared to WinMob, BBOS, and palm OS. The screen realistate is absolutely gorgous, but simple things like copy-past and a BACK BUTTON make the whole process seem like a theme park ride: great for the thrills but no control when & where it ends
    The iPhone has come a long way. I do use it for work and it does a great job. I added a program called iMExchange for $7.99 and it syncs both Outlook Notes and Tasks. So, now I have email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks syncing OTA. I have not been able to do that on any device.

There are some file managemnet software that allows to carry Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. with you. I have only been able to find one in which I could edit, and that was only Excel files.

To me, what is lacking revolves around the email app. They still need cut, copy, and paste desperately. They need the ability to save email attachments (other than pictures). And, you need to ability to attach files for sending. When I have to do those things, I use the built in Cisco VPN client with a Remote Desktop application ($.99) to access my office desktop and send attachements, etc.

But, these are also reasons I still carry my 800W a great deal of the time. My 800W along with my Redfly is a great combination.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone