1.    #1  
    I have heard a few mentions that the new Sonys, even with the USB adaptor will not work out of the box with a MAC? Is this because it does not come with the Palm Desktop and syncing program? These programs are already on my MACS, so that does not concern me.

Anyone have any experience with the 617/710m and the MAC?
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by Codeworks
    I have heard a few mentions that the new Sonys, even with the USB adaptor will not work out of the box with a MAC? Is this because it does not come with the Palm Desktop and syncing program? These programs are already on my MACS, so that does not concern me.

Anyone have any experience with the 617/710m and the MAC?
    Thanks!
    No, a Clie does not work out of the box with Macs. The reason is the funky USB driver arrangement utilized by SONY, called USB Switcher. It can also be a little twitchy with PCs to sometimes. There is a site, markspace.com I think, that does offer a "MacPack". According to the Mac users I've spoken to it works great!
    It sucks that Sony didn't come out with a USB driver from Macintosh, I mean, the Sony Clie PEG-N710C is suppose to be dubbed the premier "entertainment" device. Many users who are into video, MP3, imaging, etc. use Macs, and its terrible they didn't come out with a driver for it. Plus, I don't have that much money after buying the Clie, and I gotta spend another $30 just to be able to sync my MP3s to my new handheld...
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .