1.    #1  
    Uh oh. Palm is at it again. Here comes the Palm M125

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/20965.html

Will some body tell me why? Why can't Palm save the precious time R&D spends on marginal devices and do something productive. If anything they should have had SD support in the M100 series from the start. They need to focus on Palm OS 5.0 and the hardware for it.
    Last edited by mikedemo; 08/13/2001 at 02:29 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    They need to focus on Palm OS 5.0 and the hardware for it.
    Well, if they can get true, always on wireless in the m700, they should bring that out asap. I think that the m125 will be a good workhorse for them, but is overpriced.

btw, the story was originally broke over at www.palminfocenter.com
    Actually, Palm needed a "middle of the road" device in its product line. There is too great of a gap between the M500 and M100 series. I agree they should have included SD in ALL of the M100 series right from the start. The only things I find disappointing in this new M125 are that is still has that postage stamp sized display, and it's still stuck at 160x160 pixels. Palm said they are working with licensee's to retrofit the OS with any innovations their partners develop. So why hasn't Palm applied SONY's technique for boosting the display to 320x320? A
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

Well, if they can get true, always on wireless in the m700, they should bring that out asap. I think that the m125 will be a good workhorse for them, but is overpriced.

btw, the story was originally broke over at www.palminfocenter.com

Palm should have just dropped the price of the M500 rather than come out with a M100 with an SD slot. yuck!!!!
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    They need to focus on Palm OS 5.0 and the hardware for it.
    Yes, they should. Immediately. What do they wait for?